50

The group made their way back to the beach without too much trouble. But that constant feeling of being watched loomed over them like some sort of poisonous haze, all the way until they got to the beach.

The Professor opened up the book and attempted to find the least burnt page to send an analyse photo up to the airship, both to make a copy and to see if either Cameron or the doctor has ever seen markings like this.

None of the Professor's researchers ever have.

In the meantime for a response, Kid was playing in the sand again.

Neon ended up sitting next to her while she built a fort she was planning on crushing like a giant when it was done. Neon pulled out the odd little reed doll that was in the cabin. Kid looked at it and smiled as she snatched it from Neon and tossed it in the air while she played with it. Neon smirked at her joy by such a simple little thing. He soon looked to the water; he had never really been on a beach before, only docks or mud pools or rivers.

Kid smiled as she stood up and ran to the edge of the water, she yelled a girly yell of surprise at how cold the water was against her feet. Neon smirked at her reaction when a wave suddenly made her fall over. She splashed about and laughed as she gestured for him to come in.

Neon stood up and took a few steps, but not enough for any part of him to get wet.

Neon watched as Kid continued to splash around, not caring how wet her tunic was getting from the water. When out of nowhere she disappeared beneath a wave and remained under. Neon folded his arms, expecting this to be a joke, but after a few more moments he did take a few daring steps forwards to see if she was okay. She had lured in closer and pounced, the water around her shooting forwards because of her influence and hitting Neon.

Neon gasped in disbelief when the water hit him.

He shook his head as he wiped it off him face and down his coat. His lack of reaction made Kid think she did something wrong. Neon unbuttoned his coat and tossed it further back on the sand and pulled up his sleeves before a smirk surfaced, making Kid smile as well, "it's on, Kid," he challenged as he launched as much water as would obey him forwards, hitting Kid right in the face.

She let off a loud giggle as their water fight commenced.

Everybody looked to see the source and would all have lied if they didn't smile or think it was cute.

Mary watched them from the security of the sand about 20 meters away. She wondered what those two were at times; they weren't siblings, so they claimed, yet to say they acted like anything else was otherworldly. Their ages were too different for some odd love triangle and Neon nor did Kid seem like a silent wise character, so sibling rivalry with the constant change in attitudes towards each other made more sense.

But if what they said was true, Mary was surprised how comfortable Kid seemed to be around him.

In the past supernatural children are hostile towards anybody, most of the agents here could relate to that, including herself.

Kimberly plonked herself next to Mary, "Kid had a pretty good set-up here," she stated lying down in the sand for a tan, "I wonder why she left."

Mary looked to her, "to find Dominick."

"But even so, this place is amazing," Kimberly informed, "a cabin, a cave, water and a whole beach to yourself? I'd take this over Goldie any day," she stated.

Mary smirked, "what's the point in having nice things if you don't share them?" Mary asked. Being a Representative had made Kid have ten times the amount of loyalty then a dog, if Dominick was someone she had pledged herself to, then it was only natural she would try to find him.