91

Kid felt the tremors slowly cease and she was holding back huffs and puffs of effort as all traces of Live seemed to disappear from her appearance. Neon softly hushed her when she started to tremble again. "You're okay," he assured, "come on, quit crying, nothing's wrong with you." Kid sniffed as she looked at him and wiped her eyes and tried to breathe normally. He gave her a nod that she replied to and he put her down.

Jason's eyes locked on Kid's little being, something was now bothering him about Kid. But he felt now wasn't the time to express it.

Mary didn't move from her place and everybody kind of stared at her. They hadn't seen her since the incident.

Mary wasn't too content in seeing any of them either and didn't turn to face them. She turned her head so her hair would cover her eyes. Jason looked to his agents, "all is well now. You are all dismissed," he informed.

Everybody feebly and eventually walked away. Charms climbed down from the truck of Nicky, practically stumbling on the ground to gain some form of balance. Charms wanted to see Mary, mainly to know whether what she said about her was true or false anger. But she watched as Kimberly seemed to attempt walking over but Harold shook his head and sent her away. The Demons came into Mary's view and seemed to be talking to her.

Charms took in a deep breath and sighed as she leaned on her knees before straightening up. That was stressful.

She turned to go into the base once more and froze mid-turn to look at Cameron. This really wasn't fair on him, and by now she had known that, but the situation seemed too awkward for her to just come back to him like nothing in the world was wrong, like she hadn't been bunking in Kimberly's room for the past several nights.  Cameron looked tired, he blinked several times and in the few seconds she looked at him 90% of it was him yawning.

He wasn't sleeping.

Charms sighed as she started walking back into the base.

*

Upon Jason's insistence, Cameron was told to give Kid a look over. Any obvious signs of change and to try out anything he had translated from the scribes.

Kid was worried that everybody had seen Live almost be forced out, and since then Kid hadn't heard or felt anything of Live. She was somewhat scared that something happened to her.

Cameron continued to look Kid over and told her to do several smaller things. Professor Arthurs was looking at one of the bigger pieces of writing. Cameron was a great help to the researchers, the Professor was happy about him being here. But it was obvious something was wrong with Cameron, and the Professor wasn't sure if it had anything to do with his ability or something else. He felt it wasn't socially acceptable to ask or to say anything to Traveller agents about it.

Cameron's actions were sloppy, but he was trying his best with what he had. Limited sleep wasn't a good combination for his skill power, and what sleep he got was restless and frightening.

Kid literally watched him sway, watched as he blinked away his semi-conscious dreams.

At one point, she had to push him backwards so he wouldn't fall into her. He trapped her with his arms either side of her as he took a moment to get past his fatigue. Kid frowned as she stood up, making herself taller than him, she softly nudged him so he was standing off the table and hopped down to the ground. She was now two and a half heads shorter than Cameron and looked up to him.

Sleep...

Cameron blinked as he looked into her almost endless eyes. I said sleep, Cameron.

Kid hardly needed to do anything, she just wanted him to sleep, even if it scared him. She just wanted him to sleep, not to look so tired or worn down as he was. Her ruby red eyes sent Cameron into a trance he wasn't currently strong enough to fight.