29

Seeing those eyes made Neon's whole body went into a sickness that was worse than when he shot that girl in the hologram. Just seeing her, she looked so scared... so tiny...

The whole world suddenly went black and Neon felt the pain seem to evaporate.

Kid pushed the door open and ran to Neon and ripped the headphones off him. She forced him to roll over and softly shook him. Neon's eyes managed to focus as the new light came about and he saw Kid leaning over him softly whimpering.

The relief that flooded him was almost overwhelming for him as he slowly managed to sit up. He felt like crying, he found it odd he was glad she was okay.

Jason and the Professor walked in, "Well... that worked out well for you two," Jason stated taking off his hat, "how rude of you to shoot my hat though," he shook his head as he put his hat back on, "no manners these days."

Neon rolled his eyes, "I'll aim lower next time," he informed as he mentally examined himself... it felt so real, the pain in his side, the pain in his ear. "I didn't tell them the word though," Neon explained.

Jason nodded, "no, no you did not," he informed holding out a hand, "and that's good enough for me." Neon slowly took the hand and Jason helped him to his feet. "Welcome to the team you two, if you choose to stay that is," he said.

Kid smiled as she giggled and jumped up and down. Neon honestly didn't think she understood what that meant, but he allowed her to do the giggling jump she was doing. "What I don't understand is why it was you who kept asking?"

Jason smirked, "testing your loyalty. There are people who will go to no limits whatsoever to gain information," he explained. "And I admire what loyalty you do have," he informed, "especially to Kid there," he informed.

"According to your thought process saving Kid was the first thing that popped into your head instead of yourself," the Professor informed.

Neon wasn't too shocked; while he could be a selfish bastard at times he wouldn't hesitate to do that for others, not just Kid.

Jason pulled out what looked like a button, and soon a hall-bot appeared at the door. "While you are accepted if you wish to join, you can decline if you wish. Although I don't suggest it," he informed to Neon, "if you do decide to stay then we would like your permission to continue gathering data from you, Neon."

"What kind of data?" Neon questioned, "And why doesn't Kid have the option of declining?"

"You'll know if you say so," Jason informed smiling, "And I'm afraid even if Kid wanted to leave, we wouldn't allow it. She's a huge informational being and we wish to gain as much knowledge from her kind as possible. Plus, my bosses refuse to allow her to leave, I'm afraid," he turned to the robot, "take them back to their rooms."

"Do I take the girl to her own room?" the robot asked.

Jason looked to Kid, who shook her head. He winked, "place her wherever she wishes," Jason informed turning and going back into the room he had come from.

The Professor bowed at them, "I look forwards to working with you, Kid," he informed, he looked to Neon, "and you if you decide to stay." With that, he followed Jason back into the room. Neon and Kid were ushered out by the robot.

Jason sat at the desk of electronic buttons and monitors; he seemed interested in a tiny monitor. "What are you doing?" Professor Arthurs asked.

"Checking to see who that was in there with Kid when we tested her," he explained, "I have my suspicions, but I need to know for sure." He clicked on a file and an image of the room popped up, he knew it was a good idea to put a camera in the room. It seemed to work as Kid came into the room with Jason, he was convincing her to put the headphones on. She did and she walked to the middle of the room and stood before the window. At first, nothing happened, she remained standing there.