71

Kid had been sitting in front of the oven for the full half an hour it took to cook them. She just watched as the cookies changed colour slowly and turn into a crumbly looking cookie. Charms eventually took them out and placed them on the oven top.

"Well... they don't smell awful," she stated as she picked one up and a millisecond later dropped it on a plate. "Let's just hope they don't taste awful."

Charms was good at many things, but cooking and baking isn't exactly in the top ten... hell, even in the top 100. The last time she had attempted cookies the other agents used them as rocks to throw at the attack dummies. They managed to crack through one of the dummies' heads.

After a moment, Charms broke one cookie apart and handed some to Kid and ate some herself. There was a sweet assault on their tastebuds at first, but otherwise okay. "What do you reckon? Does it get the Kid approval?" Charms asked.

Kid smiled as she gave it the thumbs up.

"Let's go give everybody else one then," Charms said as she dropped them all in a bowl.

Kid held the bowl as they walked out of the kitchen in search of everybody else. Nobody was in the same place. Goldie and Nicky were still in the common room, with Jesse now with them, and the smell of cookies lingered in the air.

Nicky and Goldie quickly went to grab some while Charms threw one to Jesse. Who caught it and crumbled half of it in his hands and softly nibbled on the other half. Kid watched as Jesse took off his hat to reveal a dove and a little mouse crawled from under his sleeve. Both animals started nibbling on the crumbs he had made. Kid walked over and plonked herself next to him, she wondered what it would be like to have a pet like he seemed to.

Jesse ate the rest of his cookie and took another from the bowl Kid had. Kid leaned forwards and picked up Squeak the kangaroo mouse and softly pat him. Jesse smiled as she softly pat him and went to feed him a cookie, but Jesse grabbed the cookie and picked out some of the chocolate bits before handing it back. "Can't eat chocolate," he explained simply as Kid crumbled it in her hands.

Kid felt little Squeak licking up the crumbs on her hands and she managed a smile.

Her mind was suddenly washed over with thought. Do something for Neon...

There are many things we could do for Neon.

But maybe something to make him happy.

Maybe we should go see him.

Or maybe it would be best not to...

Kid's mind raced back and forth, bringing up ideas only to be shot down by logic, making Kid somewhat curse logic.

*

Neon was trying so hard not to cry.

Not that there was anybody around to see him cry, it was a personal meaning for him not to cry. He didn't want to show weakness, not even to himself.

Nobody really came in to talk to him or bother him.

Which for some reason made him sadder, more upset, and angrier.

But he could understand why nobody came to see him. He snapped and lashed out a Kid, but that didn't change the fact that Neon wasn't okay. He didn't feel okay being by himself.

He laid on his bed in the dark. His coat and goggles sitting somewhere sprawled on the floor, and his legs forced together by the weak strength of him arm as he took deep breaths that shook. Every time he sighed his arms went into a frenzy of trembles and nearly disconnected from each other.