137

Live disappeared from Kid's hands. Growing smaller and smaller until her being fitted in her hand as the odd world around Kid disappeared and water engulfed her without so much as a sound warning.

*

Neon could see her.

She was floating on the water, head up thankfully, but unmoving and constantly going under only to rise once again.

Neon ran along the edge of the port, almost falling in a couple of times as he tried to chase after her. He didn't see what happened to Live, she seemed to disappear over the edge completely and seemingly never made it to the water.

Jesse ran alongside the edge with Neon, almost jumping in when the water was closer to where they were. Cameron stayed with Charms several meters away and watched as Neon went after Kid with Jesse close behind. He was mentally praying they would find Kid, find her and bring her back safe. Charms watched on with drowsiness as she looked up to Cameron, tired.

Cameron looked down to her and kissed her on the forehead. He felt something press against his leg and looked to see his badge. His hand slowly managed to find it and looked at it for a moment, his thumb running over the golden emblem of the company that he had served for with pride for many years. But for now, he wished not to see it, at least for a while, as he placed his badge softly on the ground.

"Let's get out of here, sweetie..." he said as he picked Charms up like the bride-to-be she soon would be and started walking in the opposite direction to Neon and Jesse.

Jesse froze where he stood for a moment to turn around and watched as Cameron started walking before he made a great leap to disappear among the buildings. Jesse didn't feel betrayal as he watched Charms and Cameron. Let them be free for once in their lives were his thoughts on the matter. He wished them well before turning and chasing after Neon.

Harold still held Mary as he landed on the concrete port. Jason soon followed and looked at the scene around them. They were too slow to be of any assistance, but they had seen the whole thing.

Harold allowed Mary to lie on the ground before retreating to Kimberly while Jason quickly aided Goldie. Jason didn't notice it at first, but felt the golden glare of the Travellers badge. Looking, Jason retrieved it.

Looks like Cameron took the advice, Jason mused to Harold.

Harold looked over for a moment before helping Kimberly sit up. If he didn't I would've made him. I expect a wedding invite though.

Jason managed a smile as he went about waking Goldie. When Goldie did wake up he released a punch that Jason admitted he was caught off guard about and got punched in the face. Goldie sobered up pretty quickly, and freaked out when he realised he punched his boss. "Sir! Oh gosh golly sugar gumdrops! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! Honest!" he exclaimed frantically.

Jason had copped it to the cheek, but instead of scolding Goldie or hitting him back, he released a laugh that slipped from his lips and gave Goldie an uncomfortable reason to nervously laugh. Jason soon clapped him on the back, glad that he was at least okay.

Still slightly confused, Goldie looked around and went wide eyed upon seeing his sister. "Kim!" he yelled as he managed to stumble to his feet and ran over to her.

Harold left Goldie to aid his sister as she continued to slip into lucid consciousness. Harold watched as Neon and Jesse continued running along the side of the port. "What do you think happened?" Harold asked.

The demons each looked at their surroundings, gradually the smoke started to disappear, whatever kept it here obviously disappearing  along with it. What looked like black stars from a distance floated up into the sky and disappeared beyond the sight of eyes, anything that was coated in black was stripped of its dark nature and replaced with the rubble it had left behind.