31

"The general rule of thumb around here is everybody pulls their own weight. Meaning you clean up after yourself or try and fix anything you break. Whether you two are in the performers tents or the agent's base you'll have to follow the leadings of our Ringleaders, or, formally known as, Jason Travellers the founder or Harold Pep, second in command." Mary explained as they walked down a new hallway, "you'll however have to take Jason's command over Harold's since Mr Traveller is the head Ringleader, while Mr Pep is second in command."

"What are you then?" Neon asked.

Mary looked over her shoulder as she walked, "Assistant Ringleader, Charms is also, we're both training to be Ringleaders of our own someday. Which means when the Ringleaders aren't around then you'd have to listen to either me or Charms," Mary explained.

Mary stopped before a panel in the wall and gave it a soft push, it fell inwards and inside seemed to be some fresh blankets and pillow cases. She gestured for Kid and Neon to take them. "In your free time you can do whatever you please at the base, there is a library, kitchen, gymnasium, dining area, game area, which Kid won't be allowed in, and the common area," Mary continued as she walked, "but there are a few times where any agents at the base must go to one place."

"Why?" Neon asked.

"Our Ringleaders get concerned, they wish to at least know we're back here in the morning and at night," Mary explained, "you can think of this place as a school if you want to, like role call."

Neon had never been to school, so he couldn't really relate. Kid merely listened as she followed.

"Now as agents you will be given assignments, now on rare occasions you'll be given a lone assignment, but generally we normally go with our groupings or a partner."

Kid tilted her head, what were groupings?"

Mary seemed to sense the question, "A grouping is a Ringleader's main group of agents. In your case, you're under Jason Traveller's grouping; his main agents are me, Goldie and Jesse." Mary explained.

"Charms, Cameron, Kimberly and Nicky are part of Harold Pep's main grouping," Mary explained. "We're normally known as Grouping A or Traveller A. We're normally given high end nobles and public altercation jobs while Grouping B or Traveller B normally get the in-world supernatural jobs. But don't be surprised if in the future you get put in Grouping B to help them out or vise-versa."

"If we're in Grouping A than why would we be put in Grouping B?" Neon asked.

"Sometimes they'll need more people or a certain skill. Example," Mary stopped and turned around, "Sometimes I'll be put in Grouping B because of my Mind Powers, I may have to raid someone else's mind so as to gain access to certain information. Since Grouping B doesn't have anybody who has Mind Raiding powers capable of doing that, they would need to put me in their company," Mary explained, "or in your case, maybe computer hacking or strategy when you get better at it."

She turned back around and soon came to a different door. "This section of the base is where most of the bedrooms are. Yours is here, Neon. And Kid, as observation has shown we've arranged that you're next door to Neon," Mary explained pointing to the room next to the one she stood before. "There are two meal times, breakfast and dinner; you will have to prepare your own lunch or snacks throughout the day. You two got any questions?"

Neon was still trying to simply take in all the information, but nodded. Kid nodded also.

Mary attempted a small smile and nodded as she opened Neon's bedroom door, "good. You guys have missed breakfast so the next meal gathering is at seven o'clock every night for dinner. Once you're settled I suggest you have a wander around," Mary informed as Neon and Kid walked into the room.