22

Jason rubbed his temples; he just managed to mentally survive the verbal attack of his bosses. None of them were man enough to come and say hello or to come and straighten their own matter personally. But they were brave enough to yell at him through a phone and a hologram.

After hearing about the odd findings of Kid, they wanted to immediately begin research and x-rays and photos and dissecting.

Dissecting!

That all seemed to be a bit overwhelming, even for Jason, imagine it for Kid.

Professor Arthurs managed to explain how they could gain much more information from her if they left her as she was, to put her under any danger of death would've been madness.

Jason had to admit, the Professor had guts to go against the bosses. He called them insane and arrogant.

As a result, he was ordered to be the head researcher, and if he were to fail or not gain enough information on the subject, then he would be fired and the girl extracted of information however they pleased.

Jason rested his head on the desk in the room, exhausted from his bosses. Professor Arthurs seemed just as overwhelmed. "When did we sign up for this, Jason?" the Professor asked dabbing his forehead with a napkin.

"We didn't, they lied to us in the job description," Jason informed as he felt his hat slip off his head.

"I need a vacation," the Professor mumbled, "I'll be there within the next few days. Until then, I suggest you try to make the girl feel at home or at least like she belongs. At least that way when I arrive I won't be attempting to muzzle a rabbit dog."

Jason smirked as he picked up his head and his hat, "I'll see to it of course. Do I need to send someone to get you, or will you be getting your own transport?"

The Professor rolled his eyes, "Jason, how long have we known each other?"

"Far too long," Jason replied.

The Professor nodded, "indeed. So what do you think?"

Jason nodded, "of course," he put his hat on and picked up the hologram, "A jet will arrive to collect you by tomorrow."

The Professor nodded before signing out. Jason sighed as he dropped the hologram and took off the hat, "good grief."

"You're getting too old for this," someone informed.

Jason smirked, "and you are too young for this," he countered turning to see Mary.

Mary shrugged, "I'm learning from the best," she replied walking over to him.

"How long have you been here for? You know you're not allowed in here when the bosses are calling," Jason informed.

Mary nodded, "I'm aware, sir. I came after," Mary replied straightening his coat while he pressed down her hair, "I'm wondering when I have to be performing is all sir."

Jason smirked, "we're heading out in a few weeks, you'll be performing in that event," he explained, "You need to learn to wait your turn."

Mary nodded, "of course sir."

The two eventually walked out of the room and down the hallways. They were in complete silence the whole time, eventually turning to go into a room. This one didn't match the endless white walls and white tiles on the ground. The room had creamy coloured walls, a polished floor, and a large wooden framed bed on the far side of the room, the only thing between the door and the bed was a coffee table, a few armchairs, a lounge and a closet full of Mr Traveller's clothes.