4

"Ahh!"

"Shut up!" one of the captors demanded.

There were several of them in one carriage, and the centre of their attention; a man and his granddaughter. Each were tied up in thick rope. The older man, a man by the name of Mr Mite, a white moustache, an obvious show off of his wealth from his suit, once before mended glasses, and his granddaughter screamed of her wealth with her fancy dress, coat, and undeniable sense of expensive style.

The men they were at the mercy of, ex-employees of the man's shipping trades company. And they certainly weren't happy.

"Is this really necessary?" Mr Mite snapped, his granddaughter softly cried when she managed to sit up and dug her head into his shoulders, her tears staining his suit, "to take me hostage is one thing, but my Granddaughter? She had nothing to do with this."

"You're fault for bringing her," one of the men said, he was a dirty looking man, his face unshaven, a brown shirt and some torn pants were the only things currently to his name, "is it necessary that me losing my job caused me to lose my wife? My kids? My home" he snapped.

Mr Mite grunted, the air thick with the grog the lot of them had surely drunken. "It wasn't entirely my fault gentlemen. You know that if I hadn't laid some people off, then the company would've gone under, and then nobody would've had a job! Is that truly better than if only a few didn't have jobs?"

"If it had been like that sir, then you wouldn't be in this problem," one of the other men stated.

"Nor would you're Granddaughter," another added grabbing her by the back of the dress and lifting her. She squealed for her Grandfather as he held her close to him.

"Release her this instance!" he demanded standing despite his bound arms.

"Sit down you old goat!" the man ordered slamming his own gun against the man's cheek, sending him to the ground.

They all had a bit of a laugh watching him in pain. The man threw the girl back to him, "probably just a tramp like you," he stated. She scrambled to her Grandfather's side and snuggled against him in fear.

Mr Mite knew reasoning wasn't worth it. They were beyond that, being bold enough to take himself and his Granddaughter hostage was enough evidence of that.

"Look sir, we're decent gentlemen," one of them informed kneeling down to him.

"Yet here you are terrorising my family," he replied.

The man smirked, "but we're not gonna let you off this train alive, Mite. You've ruined our lives, so we're gonna ruin yours," he informed smoothly.

Mr Mite grunted in discomfort that was sure to come.

"Well this is quite the cosy gathering," someone said.

Everybody turned and stared at a man and a young girl standing on the far side of the carriage. At first nobody spoke of his presence, the train continued to click on the rails and sway with the curves. The man was dressed in a maroon tail coat and matching pants, his head was covered by a black top hat with a red ribbon tied around it, and hanging from his pocket was a golden chain undoubtedly connected to a golden pocket watch.

The young girl beside him looked very feminine in her pink clothes. She wore a pink tunic with flowers etched into the fabric with overwhelming sparkles and ribbons. Her head and hair was hidden under a dark blue cloak, but some locks escaped nevertheless to reveal a soft baby pink mixed with natural brown, like her hair dye was fading.

The top hat man cleared his throat as he fixed his tie; his gloved hands were wrapped around an odd walking stick. "I do hope we aren't interrupting anything," he informed smiling.