17

Kid remained in the hospital ward in the main ship. Neon looked at her from behind a window; it looked weird seeing Kid in a hospital, her arms was covered in bandages from some odd burn that blob gave her. Neon didn't know why he got upchucked, but he guessed Kid had something to do with it. All he remembered was being inside that... thing and something giving him a powerful push and the thing spat him out.

He felt someone else's presence behind him, he turned and saw Mary, she arms were folded and she stared at Kid with unblinking but dull eyes. "I apologise for putting you through that," Mary informed, "and I'm sorry for forcing your sister to do that as well."

"She's not my sister," Neon corrected folding his arms, "and so you should be." He turned away from her and walked down the hospital hallway, making his way back to whatever room he was put in when he got here. On his way there, he saw Goldie arguing with a man in a lab coat, most likely a doctor.

"Come on, doc, I had a giant spider squashed on me and an Eliminator exploded his gunk on me, surely there's something wrong with me!" Goldie informed going into overprotective mode of himself.

The doctor had large glasses, took one look at him, before turning back to what he was doing, "I sense a severe case of something," he informed.

"See, I told you!"

"Yeah, severe stupidity," he snapped, "Get out of my face. Nothing's wrong with you... at least nothing I can fix."

Goldie went red in the cheeks in humiliation, while Neon smirked at the comeback. The doctor caught sight of Neon when he chuckled, "ah, my other patient, tell me son, how are you feeling?" he asked jerking Neon forwards and looking in his eyes with a light, "any discomfort? After pain?" he asked.

Neon could only feel the discomfort of a bright light in his eye and the after pain of his claw hand digging into him. "I'm fine," Neon replied pulling himself away from the doctor, people were much more touchy feely around here. Growing up, he remembered you don't let anybody touch you or else you're getting pick-pocketed, assaulted or raped.

"Am I able to ask if Kid is okay?" Neon asked.

The mere mention of Kid made the man go silent as he pulled away, "Umm... I think this is something I'd better not repeat twice about your little friend there," he informed, "it's something you'll all want to hear."

Neon blinked several times and sighed, Good God... Kid what the hell can you do?

By the time the doctor, Goldie and Neon walked back down to Kid's room, Mr Traveller was next to Mary inside the hospital room.

"I'm sorry, sir. I failed your orders," Mary informed, clearly upset for herself as she hung her head, but she didn't cry.

Jason smirked at Mary, sometimes she reminded him of a puppy, her loyalty undoubtable but she does one thing wrong and she thought the whole world would hate her for it. "It's alright," he informed, "you did good."

"But sir-"

"Did both kids come back alive?"

"Yes..."

"Did Goldie die?"

"No..."

"Did you do everything in your power to protect them and to follow my orders?"

Mary nodded, "Yes..."

"And that's all I can ask of you. While I am somewhat puzzled as to why Goldie was complaining to me before that you squashed a bug on him," Mary smirked softly, "I can only ask you do what you think is best, after all, that's what a good Ringleader does."