59

Neon was a thief by trade, practically born to be one and taught by the finest and most horrible people in the world. So the puny little lock on the morgue door wasn't too much of a problem for him to break into. He switched on the lights and looked around the room; it was cold in there, but he guessed it had to be. There were a couple of metal slabs for the bodies to be placed on for autopsy or for prep or something.

In the walls there were several metal doors with black handles, within them most likely freezing cold temperatures for the dead to temporarily sleep. The room was littered with medical equipment ranging from those more for the alive like blood pressure cuffs, to the things hopefully for the dead; like rib cage dividers.

The whole room had a deathly feel to it that made Neon cringe with discomfort. He had seen dead bodies before, hell, he had been the cause of dead bodies before, but he was never very comfortable around them.

Kid strolled in there and, for some reason, she took a deep sniff of the air and sighed as she walked further in. Neon rolled his eyes at her quirkiness and looked around for the body. Mel stood at the door, making sure nobody was coming... though she had no clue what she would do if someone did come into the room.

Neon looked around, where would they have put the body?

In one of the freezers probably.

Neon walked up to them and started pulling them out. Some were empty, some had someone's lunch on it, some had bodies in them, but not the ones he was looking for. Neon was growing annoyed and was soon slamming them closed instead of simply closing them. Every time he did this the noise would echo in the room like a cave.

Kid watched him continue this and he soon gave up and growled, "It's not in here!" he exclaimed.

Mel looked to him, "it has to be. This is where all the bodies go." She told him to just keep looking and looked back to the hallway for anybody coming. She went wide eyed, "Hide!" she yelled in a whisper as she scrambled away from the door. Neon stumbled to his feet and looked around for a place to hide.

Now he could hear the footsteps of whoever was approaching. Kid was running to cabinets looking for a space she could fit in. Neon opened a couple of cupboards and found an empty draw. "Kid!" he called.

Kid ran over to Neon and saw the small space. She gulped upon seeing it as Neon helped to squish her into it. Kid, curled into a tiny ball, could just fit. "I'll let you out when nobody is in here, okay?" Neon promised as he closed the doors and quickly went to go hide himself.

The doors opened and a tired man walked in, dressed in a white coat, he strolled inside in search of something. He looked through one cupboard and found nothing. He continued looking through some more cupboards and even in some of the corpse holders.

Neon felt his breath, his skin was slowly beginning to freeze. He couldn't hear anything.

Neon pushed against the freezing cold ceiling of his hiding spot and pushed outwards, just enough so he could see out. He watched as the odd man walked around the room and kneeled down to Kid's hiding spot. Neon cursed softly as he watched the man open the cabinet Kid was in. But it was like he hadn't seen her.

He closed the cabinet doors.

There was suddenly the sound of squeaky wheels.

A man's voice came, but he sounded very distant, almost like he was on drugs or something. "Where do you want me to put this?" he asked absently.

"On the table should be fine. I'll see to her later," he informed.

There was the sound of stopping, picking something up and placing them back down. "Such a shame, for them to be so young," the first man into.