85

Mary wasn't seen again for the rest of the day.

Neon was clinging to Kid for the rest of the day though, half expecting her miraculous recovery from death suddenly change its mind. Kimberly almost found it cute when she saw Kid still sitting on his lap when they were watching TV. She remembered how he hardly left her by herself when she was getting checked by the doctor when they were trying to figure out what kind of witchcraft it was.

The x-rays had shown that the bullet was gone.

Later on a hall-bot actually found it in what Kid vomited up.

Everybody had found it in some degree of shock, but Neon was honestly expecting nothing less really. He knew both Kid and Live would be too stubborn to die.

Kid liked the attention Neon was giving her, she admitted she didn't like the reasoning of it though, but in her head she could hear Live again. Do you really think I would've let us die, my panda? We're too awesome for that mortal stuff.

Despite the fact that Kid had met death before, she still didn't like it. And she was worried for Mary and what on earth happened to her and made her this way. Mary normally seemed so calm or the anchor to sanity among the group, but now it was like it had never existed in the first place for her.

Her words had pierced everybody, not just Charms. Hearing her talk the way she did was unsettling, and created an awkward feeling among everybody in the base.

But for Charms, it was more than that... Mary's words were an assault to her ego. Especially since she had been dead serious about it, and Charms almost thought some of her words may have been true.

She sat in front of a mirror, brushing her black hair, while she listened to her own thoughts. Was what Mary said true?

Was she just some sort of whore?

As part of her job, she had to let some men touch her, but she had never let them go any further than that. Some of her charming abilities made them think they remembered sleeping with her, but they were only illusions to get them to tell her things or that they had some 'special connection' as some geeks called it. Eventually her hair stopped being brushed mid-way and she was just staring at her reflection.

Slowly she was beginning to get an idea as to why Mary may have hated mirrors.

Cameron suddenly came into her view when he walked in. He immediately approached her and rested his chin on her shoulder. "You good?" he asked simply.

Charms barely made an emotion, just nodded.

Like so many times before, he wrapped his arms around her and softly dug his chin in.

What was normally a touch Charms craved now made her feel like sandpaper was digging into her. She immediately felt every hand that had ever touched her, every brush, fondle, pat or bump and they all made her feel filthy.

She shrugged off his chin, making him momentarily confused, but was quick to brush it off as he withdrew his arms and started brushing her hair himself like he normally did. But Charms snatched the brush from him and stood up and walked away.

Cameron raised an eye brow. "What's wrong with you?" he asked.

Charms shrugged, "nothing. Nothing is wrong, everything is fine," she said, more like spat.

Alarm bells went off and Cameron stood up. "Don't give me any of that bull, Charms," he said calmly, almost a little amused even.

Charms wasn't finding this funny, she felt hostile.

Cameron approached her again. "Is this about Mary or something?" he asked.

Charms turned away from him and sighed. He rolled his eyes, "Don't let Mary's words get to you, Charms. She was obviously a little out of sorts or angry at that moment. She wouldn't have known what she was saying."