3

The two figures flew through the sky; they were too late to stop the explosion of the building. And the smoke blocked their way; they waited several minutes for the smoke to clear before attempting to get close. They landed on some floor that survived the explosion.

"What happened here?"        

"Never knew the Nightmares to be explosive."

One of the figures, a slightly smaller and more feminine figure, kneeled down to the ground and looked at a small area that dust and soot had settled on. "Someone was here before," she stated.

"I'm aware," the other called.

The two stood next to each other and one looked at the findings of the other. Madame Riley had been wedged under some rocks, still in her inhuman form, but her head seemed to have exploded from the inside out, as if something had been smashed against it or something. "It looks like we've found our Nightmare."

"But what's happened to it, sir?"

"Looks like someone got to her before we could. There's no way that kind of damage was caused from the collapsing building."

"But by who?"

"I have absolutely no clue, my dear."

There was another moment of silence before one of them opened their coat to reveal an odd compass with a moon and sun symbol etched into it. They opened it and a small blue light escaped from it and stained the air with its blue rays. The dead Nightmare also blew up with the blinding light before disappearing into white sparkles. They all disappeared back into the compass as they closed it.

"Come along," the leader said turning away.

"What of who else was here?"

"I have a feeling we'll be meeting them again very soon."

*

Neon was surprised the little girl could keep up with him when he was running.

Kid was surprised when Neon piggie backed her, and leaped off the ledge they were stuck on only to land on the ground with some odd shield that formed from something the size of a pen. When they got to the bottom of the hill, which involved a lot of rooftop sliding and tile breaking, he kicked it and it retracted back to the size of a pen and disappeared in his bag.

Neon pressed his back against the wall and peered around it while Kid kneeled on the ground and looked out. The city was getting ready for its little festivals; Neon didn't care so much for them and wasn't bothered to learn what this one was even for. Whatever it was, people had hung up lanterns, there were giant flower bouquets on every street lamp, there were stalls selling every type of foods possible and odd little items like spin tops and bells. Children and adults alike littered the streets looking at the possible things they could buy and eat as an early festival treat. Neon walked through the crowded streets pretty easily, but everything seemed amazingly colourful to Kid.

She watched as some children sat down to watch a puppet show. She stood at the back of the crowd and smirked as she watched.

Neon managed to take two steps before turning around, "Where did you go?" he asked looking around.

His eyes found her at the puppet show. He rolled his eyes, "good grief..." he walked over to her and tapped her shoulder, "Kid. Come on, we need to get out of here as quick as we can. The fuzz'll be after us within the hour," he informed. Kid looked to him and back at the puppet show somewhat saddened, but obeyed when he started walking away.