76

Neon was playing with the inside of a clock, looking at all the cogs and springs that kept it going. He wanted to try and make it start running backwards but he couldn't quite figure out where everything went.

Kid sat beside him and watched as he continued to fiddle with it.

This isn't good Live...

Kid watched as Neon continued to fiddle with the back of the clock with a screw driver.

Why not?

The clock went off in an alarm that made them both jump.

Live, what do you think they'll do if they find out you're here?

Neon disconnected the alarm and gave the odd bell to Kid to play with.

Panda, you worry too much. Let's just have some fun while we're off the remote island.

Kid played with the bell half-heartedly.

You didn't have to scare Nicky...

Neon noticed her glum mood.

But it was pretty funny.

"You okay, Kid?" Neon asked.

Kid felt Live disappear from her consciousness and a weight seemed to lift from her head as she smiled and nodded. To further emphasis a happy mood, she mimicked the sound of the alarm clock only moments ago. Neon rolled his eyes as he hit Kid in the face with a pillow.

Kid coughed in response and glared at him as she hit him with a pillow as well.

The two stared getting into a heated fight of pillows.

Cameron took a small break from translating when he walked into the Common Room and saw Neon and Kid fighting with each other. At one point the pillows had broken and all the fluff inside them was raining out, sticking to their clothing and their hair. They each froze when they saw Cameron and each let off a nervous laugh or giggle.

"Umm... hi," Neon attempted.

Cameron merely stared for a couple of moments, nodded, turned around and walked out of the room. He'll have a break later.

*

Neon decided to go back to his room to continue with his little alarm clock; one of the tools he thought would be useful was somewhere hiding in his bag. He left Kid in the common room after helping her quickly pick up all the fluff before someone else saw.

He opened and closed his door and pulled his bag out from under his bed. Several things fell out in his attempt to look for his rotating tool, it would help him with the alarm clock.

He placed the bag on his bed as he quickly tested to see if the rotations still work properly, when he was satisfied, he went to run out of the room, but his bag fell over with a loud thud.

Neon went wide eyed when he thought he heard something crack. "Shit!" he hissed, softly cursing under his breath as he picked up his bag and attempted to see what had broken. It looked to be his travelling shield, the one he and Kid had used to glide down the side of the noble's house the first day they met, it had been cracked and now he couldn't open it. When he found the source of the crack, he gritted his teeth in anger as he punched his mattress.

"Ahh, shit..." he grumbled as he pulled out a little magnifying glass to see how bad the crack actually was; one giant one with several micro fractures surrounding it. He cursed again as he put the shield on his desk and glared at his bag.

What was so heavy to break one of his gadgets?

He sat next to it and started going through it, pulling out all of his general items to whatever was left over. As a thief, rule number one for Neon, other than know how to frigging run, was always carry lightweight. So why was his bag so heavy?