105

Neon had somehow managed not to fall out of the library and into the endless distance that led to the bottom of the mountain.

But he was among the debris that had survived and stood on the ledge looking down to where Kid and Live had fallen.

All he could see for potential survival were several rocks that had been trapped along the edge and managed to make a build-up made entirely from the debris of the temple library. If caught by that, while a painful collision, it was better than what was beyond that; the endless distance of darkness.

Neon was surprised he was still alive. The whole of the library had collapsed, and very few places of it were still standing, and one of them happened to be where he was standing. All of the Angels seemed to flee either away from the whole temple or just to a different section of temple to collect themselves before attacking and scouting out.

That meant Neon didn't have a lot of time to find her.

He searched through his bag and managed to find his retracted-able shield. Pressing the end, the pen sized shield was soon a smooth curve of metal. Holding onto the handle provided, Neon slid down the side of the mountain, dodging debris and occasional trees.

It reminded Neon of roof gliding in Delco City, only this was far less smooth than the tiled rooftops of the economically rich city. Neon clutched onto the shield he was sitting on, his mind was going in a haywire of thinking hoping he wouldn't tip over or get flicked off.

Some of the debris started land sliding. Neon quickly changed his course to head towards it. He flicked upwards and was soon air bourn. Neon took this one moment to slip his goggles on while he was heading down. He almost head butted a rock when he slammed back to the ground and continued sliding.

Soon the piled up debris behind him was charging towards him in a frantic attempt to stop. The suddenly shield closed off and Neon tumbled and rolled and crashed into rocks without any form of armour. Neon was surprised his body was still intact as he laid there in his pain for a few moments, he was half convinced his shoulder had popped out.

Or that his arm wasn't even connected to him anymore.

He could hear the landslide continue over the top of him, and thanked his lucky stars that he didn't seem to be crushed. Opening his eyes, he saw the dark sky littered with diamonds and held his head with both his hand, sending relief through him at the movement of his arms.

Neon blinked away whatever blindness he was feeling and managed to stand up.

He swore loudly as he felt his ankle snap at him in pain. He fell onto a boulder and tried not to put any weight on his sore ankle, but he felt off balanced on the uneven ground. Neon's face was twisted into a scowl as he looked where he came from. He could hear the faint calls of the other agents, mainly calling for each other, Kid and Neon's name being added to the mix.

Neon suddenly heard someone groaning, he took off his goggles so he could see a bit better. Aided by the star and moonlight he managed to limp towards whatever was groaning. He fell to his knees and made himself crawl, it took some tension off his ankle, but not much.

Whoever it was suddenly stopped, but Neon could see their hand.

He went into a mild panic as he stumbled over to them and pushed rocks off the hand. "Kid? Kid is that you?" he asked as he grunted with his effort to move the rocks. "Are you O...kay...?" Neon's words drifted off as he saw Live lying among the rocks, her eyes closed but her face screwed into a look of confused pain. "Live?" he exclaimed as he pulled at his hair, why was she here?