21

Neon managed to make it to Kid's room again; people seemed to be freaking out. They chattered and yelled and argued with one another. "What's wrong?" Neon eventually asked.

Mary wasn't participating in the argument between Goldie and the doctor, she shrugged as she looked to Neon, "she's disappeared, and now they can't find her," Mary explained tilting her head to the two men, "times like this I'm glad I'm a girl. No offense," she said pushing off the wall and walking down the hallway. Neon looked through the doorway; the bed had been thrown about, the blanket dripped off the front of the bed more than anywhere.

Kid was lying down again. She felt numb.

She ran out of tears and was hugging her pillow tightly. Her eyes were dried out and her lips continued to quiver. She didn't want Neon to go... but she didn't want anything to happen to him.

She could hear Goldie and the doctor arguing about her whereabouts, but she didn't reveal herself. Kid felt very tiny as she curled herself up as tight and tiny as possible, she just wanted the whole world to disappear, or for her to disappear, or for her to be back home. She just wanted everything not to be so difficult. She wanted everything like it was before.

Neon leaned on the doorframe; some guy suddenly appeared next to Neon, making him jump. He had a similar mop of black hair to Neon, but he wore a dark blue shirt, brown pants and his own boots. He had a belt that held onto a large whip of some sorts and wore thin glasses. Neon took a step away from him as he looked to the arguing duo, "what's the problem?" he asked.

"The Representative has disappeared," the doctor informed, "I was gone for five minutes, and you lose her?"

"Hey! It wasn't my job to make sure she didn't run away," Goldie objected in the most girly way imaginable, "and we left to go get her some ice-cream! So stop yelling at me!" he yelled back. There screaming match began again.

The man rolled his eyes as he looked back to the hospital room, "A little white mouse..." he mumbled walking in. Neon followed him for a step and watched as he looked around the room. He noticed the man's hands were gloved in black and rested on the whip's handle. After a moment, he kneeled down to the ground and lifted the covers that dripped to the ground.

Kid gasped as she felt new light hit her and she sat up and coward at the corner of the space under the bed. She had used the blankets to make a shield.

... Obviously wasn't effective.

"Poor little mouse," he said, "always hide when they hear the cats hissing."

With that, he held out his hand for her to take. Kid sniffed as she remained where she was. He didn't take offense as he pulled away, instead, he showed off a coin. It had a picture of a lion on one side and a mouse on the other. He held in between his fingers, closed his fist around it, and when he opened it again it was gone. Kid gasped as she leaned forwards when he allowed her to inspect his hand.

He pulled his hand away and clasped them both together. He started blowing, softly, into his hands. He did this for a long moment before stopping. He kept his hands closed and reached them out forwards. He gestured for her to open his hands.

Kid did so, grabbing both sides of it and peeling his hand open to reveal a tiny, little, white kangaroo mouse with petite whiskers, red eyes and little paws. "This here is Squeak," the man informed as Squeak hopped from his hand onto the ground. Kid smiled as she watched Squeak hop around for a moment before coming back to him. "She likes to show off." She hopped around and soon went outside the bed fort, "but she likes outside better."

He held a hand out for Kid again, which she slowly took this time and came out completely. The man grabbed her waist and lifted her until she sat on the bed, "they call me Jesse. Kind of like a girl's name," he informed winking as he rose to his feet. He turned to Neon, "Neon, right?" he asked.