6

Kid ran through the train carriages. She managed to make it three away from the original carriage when it exploded and her ears went ringing momentarily. She fell over from the sudden noise and covered her ears in pain.

Neon kneeled down to her, "come on Kid, focus," he said.

Kid managed to stand and ran forwards again.

Jason, Mary and the recent hostages followed Kid and Neon from one carriage to the next. Kid was beginning to struggle to open the next carriage's door. Neon helped her and she spilled inside. She ran over to the middle of the carriage. She didn't slow down her running, but ran in a small circle, her eyes searching everything possible. She froze mid-step. She walked over to a seat and rested her head against it and closed her eyes. For a moment, Neon thought she had fallen asleep. But her eyes shot open and she jumped up and down pointing to the seat and letting off muffled mumbles and grunts for it.

Neon walked over and kneeled down before the seat, he couldn't hear the buzzing, but he could hear the timer counting down. His pocket knife came in handy as he sliced through the thin, red fabric that surrounded the cushion. Underneath was a very elaborate bomb full of wires connected to several different sections only to extend onwards until it got tangled into the timer that continued to count down.

"Well this is sophisticated," Neon said.

"A little too much so, it would be best to get everybody off the train," Jason informed turning to Mary.

"Nah, I can get this disarmed," Neon informed. Before anybody could object he plonked his bag on the ground and went through it until he found some wire cutters. He turned his attention back to the bomb and stared at it. This is one hard lookin' bomb... Neon thought. Too many wires, one wrong move and this whole place go up in flames. I need to disconnect either the igniter or the bomb itself...

He carefully ran his hands through the wires, looking past the timer to what the bomb actually was itself. He found it near the bottom of the structure. Many of the wires were connected to there.

Kid watched her friend carefully; she knew she wouldn't be able to do anything if she objected to what he would do, and watching him continue was making her tremble in somewhat fright. The other adults in the room, Jason, Mary and the new found hostage, watched as Neon fiddled with the bomb.

The new hostage was mouthing off to Neon, which made Neon even more nervous. Kid glared at the man as he mouthed off. Mary got the same vibe from him and, quite subtly, elbowed him in the gut, forcing a loud, painful grunt to come from him and force him to fall over and remain silent.

Kid dropped to the ground once more, moments before another explosion of another carriage. The lights went out momentarily and everybody swayed with the rocking of the train carriage. "Shit..." he cursed under his breath as he tried not to topple over. It took a lot of strain on his knees.

He continued with his little operation. He was never so glad for his gloved hands in his life; otherwise his tools may have slipped out of his hands.

"Am I correct in assuming you're a thief?" Jason asked, intrigued momentarily by the equipment the boy seemed to have. Most of the people in his own company didn't bring half the stuff he seemed to have.

Neon remained quiet; you never tell anybody you're a thief, just like you never plan a murder out loud.

Kid seemed to let off a giggle that made everybody look at her in confusion. "This isn't a funny moment, Kid," Neon muttered as he looked back to his bomb. According to the actual bomb timer itself, he had three minutes, but he never trusted them. If a bomb this sophisticated was made, why wouldn't the makers make a timer that told the wrong time?