93

Kid was drawing again, the paper on the ground and her crayons sprawled everywhere around her. Neon was playing around with one of the new technology eye-glasses the Professor wanted him to try out, it simulated a fake world within his real one.

He turned his head and looked around and appeared to be in the streets of Delco City. It was a rough virtual world, but he found some comfort in the attempted surroundings.

Everybody remained spread out doing their own thing. Goldie and Kimberly seemed to be trash talking each other while they played a dance competition on the TV screen. Cameron was reading with Charms laying her head on his lap. Jesse eventually walked over to Kid and whimpered for her touch.

Kid was honestly confused with Jesse as she scratched his ear and he practically purred and plonked himself before her. Neon heard the clump and moved the goggles to see Kid scratching Jesse's head with him reacting by kicking his leg. Kid was giggling at his silliness.

"What's up with dog-boy?" Neon asked.

Neon was nearly taken out by Nicky as he practically bounced off his back like a frog, making Neon stumble forwards. "Jesse's not a dog-boy, no, no! He takes offence of that term, he does. He really does..." Nicky informed as his hands twitched.

Charms seemed to collaborate. "Jesse was raised by a pack of wolves for the first two years of his life before people found him. And when they did they attempted to make him civilised, when that didn't work they caged him and used him for papers and experiments and such because he wasn't considered human anymore. He must've had some sort of animalistic gene or something charmed him over time, because after a while he could change from his human civilised form to complete animal." Charms sat up. "He's okay now, but it can take him a while to come out of animal instincts."

Jesse seemed to turn his attention to Charms at her movement and nudged her hand to pat him. "But he's nothing but a big dog, aren't you?" Charms asked in the tone you give puppies or babies. "Yes you are, yes you are," she cooed as she scratched his ears and shook his head playfully.

Jesse seemed to like the odd praise, but it was cut short by the sound of the door opening. Everybody turned to look and saw Jason open the door for someone else. They didn't reveal themselves straight away, but it was soon known to be Mary as she walked in.

The room tensed up, both physically and mentally, but what had taken every  body back was how clean cut Mary seemed. Her hair was perfectly dyed, tunic straight, boots on, and not a hair out of place. She looked like old Mary, but her expressions looked stale or non- existent. Her eyes seemed to look around to everybody and she almost stepped out of the room because she thought she was scaring them.

But Jason nudged her on the back and she took a step forwards. She gritted her teeth and sighed as she started walking forwards, Jason keeping an eye on her steps. Everybody's eyes remained glued to Mary's movements as she eventually stood before them.

Like so many of them, Mary found it hard to apologise or to express some form of apology. Mary could feel Jason's presence behind her.

She sighed again, "Umm..." She rocked on her feet, "I umm..." She looked to everybody around her and managed a hostile sigh. "I'm... I'm sorry for what I had done over the past few days. It wasn't fair to any of you and it wasn't fair to the time I wasted." She seemed to bow and remained arched over, "I apologise for anything I may have said that offended any of you and I apologise for any actions I did towards you." She straightened up. Nobody seemed to have moved from their place as they all looked to her.

They heard her apology, they knew she was most likely cured or well again, but what she had done would never be undone. She killed Kid in cold blood when she attempted to kill Charms, even if her past was traumatic so was there own...