2

"What's going on?"

"There's been a Nightmare detected in the richer parts of Delco City."

"It could be her."

"It could be many things. What of the train?"

"It's exactly as we suspected, sir."

"Of course..."

"What will you have us do?"

There was a long pause before the decision was decided, "we'll check the city first and then go to the train. By my reasoning, everything should be fine for the moment."

The two looked out to the city, almost all lights remained on. "Do we go now, sir?"

"Indeed." The two shadows leaped from the rooftop and free-fall down the slanted hill of houses, landing occasionally on a rooftop just to gain some height, before making the ultimate leap and zipping through the sky, as if they had wings.

*

The duo raced through the hallways. It was a surprisingly modern looking place compared to other places the thief had been to. He knew going to the palace was a bad idea, but he wanted a challenge.

Peering down the hallway of armed guards, he regretted that decision tenfold.

They were dressed in black pants, black coat over a white shirt and a belt that their weapon, which happened to be a gun, was attached to.

"Crap!" he cursed pressing himself against one of the walls, "That bitch is quick. She's already got guards about," he pulled out his gun again. He heard the little girl make a small gasp upon seeing it. "Oh get over it, come on," he urged looking back, he growled as he started running down the hall. The little girl watched him for a moment before racing after him.

The little girl suddenly tripped over the chains that scraped along the floor, he turned and looked to her, "hey! Don't go following me, you gotta look out for yourself, I ain't gonna be doing that," he snapped as he continued walking. The little girl continued to follow him until he stopped. He groaned, "What will it take for you to leave me alone?"

The little girl took a moment to think, after a moment she lifted the chains around her wrists to gesture to see if he would unchain her. He sighed through his nose, he took a quick glance around. He could probably pick at the locks, but that would take too much time with a foreign lock... that and he didn't feel bothered. He aimed his gun and fired it at the girl; the lock itself shattered and opened up on both her wrists and clattered to the ground in a heap.

She had yelped in surprise from the pain and pressed her arms to her face. When the shocking pain subsided, she rubbed her wrists and gave him a small smile as thanks, "bye, kid."

Her smile evaporated as he turned and ran down the hallways.

The boy went around the corner and continued down the hallway. Running until he got to the end of the hallway he peered around the corner and saw one man on his own, but his gun was out unlike the others. He cursed softly as he pressed his back to the wall; he had to wait it out.

He peered his head around the corner once more, without warning he was suddenly pushed forwards. He stumbled out into the open and landed flat on his face. He growled as he looked behind him and saw the little girl, she had run into him. She jumped and backed away from him and soon ran the other way completely. "That little bitch..." the boy hissed, the ground suddenly exploded near him and he jumped into action, firing his gun and managing to get to his feet and scrambling to the side. He fired once and his gun clicked out.