83

Kid had never eaten a watermelon before.

It was full of seeds that she constantly spat out.

Mary used her mind to make slices in the watermelon, they looked like big smiley faces. She watched as Kid continued to pull the seed out of her mouth with her tiny hands. Mary eventually came across one herself and played with it in her mouth for a few moments before spitting it in the air also; it sailed through the air and landed on the ground a few meters away. "How far can you spit one?" Mary asked.

Kid pressed her lips together as she took another bite, the juice running down the sides of her lips, as she soon found a seed. She braced herself to spit and managed to make it a good two meters past Mary's.

Mary nodded, "alright, alright." She took another bite and felt two appear. She managed to spit them both, managing to get them past Kid's.

Kid smirked as she went to go again, but Mary looked to the small wall that bordered along the town. "Hey," she urged making Kid turn to her, "Watch." Mary summoned a little clay pot to the top of the wall.

It seemed happy just sitting there in comparison to the dirt next to a glass door, but its entire being shattered in an instant when a watermelon seed was used as a bullet. Kid laughed in disbelief at this act and motioned for Mary to try something else.

Mary brought the pot back together so it was brand new and spat at it again.

She soon got bigger glass objects and managed to shatter them.

Mary enjoyed somewhat showing off what she could do, even if it was quite boyish and silly. She hadn't done something like that in quite a long time. She held her slice of watermelon, but didn't bite it. She rested her lips on the red surface of it and started sucking it.

Within seconds, her cheeks started to fill up with the seeds and she managed to swallow the actual juice. She turned to the line-up of pots and started spitting one at a time at each of them.

They shattered with each spit.

Kid went wide eyed and giggled with amazement as she attempted shooting one herself. But they didn't make it to the pots, or pinged off them like the little seeds they were. Mary smirked at her disappointment afterwards. "Don't take it hard. With Harold, Jesse, Goldie, Nicky and Cameron, I've basically got two older brothers, a twin and two younger brothers. Us girls have had lots of practise," she informed winking as she stood up to stretch.

"Wanna go look around the town?" she offered as she finished her stretch. "We can have a look at what you might want."

Kid smiled and nodded as she stood up, dusted herself off, and the two were running off back to the town.

Kid was amazed by the selection of things the town had; handmade pottery, tapestries, jewellery, goodies, instruments, statues and little toys. Mary was planning on looking at some more stuff anyway, and was fine to have Kid roaming looking at stuff too. She might be able to find something for herself.

Mary picked up an odd little trinket, but then something caught her eye. She turned to face it and nearly jumped at what she saw; a woman, wearing a simple tunic and had pink hair dye streaked in her hair. Mary could hardly tell she was looking into a mirror, but when she realised she was looking in one, she was planted there in a momentary stun.

She forced her eyes away from the mirror and quickly walked away from it.

Kid looked to the mirror and tilted her head at it. Her own image blurry once again, making Kid look like a large blemish on it. She looked to Mary who was glancing back to the mirror only to look back to what was before her.