28

Neon was lying on his side hugging his knees, those eyes glared at him even now. Kid was kneeling down beside him and softly stroked his hair, noticing his horror.

The Professor was honestly surprised by what Neon did, most people try to help her first, not kill her straight away. Jason didn't seem at all surprised, to a street thief that was probably the most merciful thing you could do on the streets if that ever happened to someone.

Neon leaned his head against the wall as he sat up and sighed, "did I do all your stupid tests right?" he asked.

Jason shrugged, "there's no correct answer to doing these," Jason explained.

"But I will admit, you are an impressive person," the Professor explained, "your mind is one of the fastest I've ever seen in mortal humans."

Neon didn't know how to take that, an insult or a compliment?

Neon folded his arms, "where does that mean I'll end up?" he asked. He remembered Jason's subtle threat, telling him how if they did release him it would be right in the arms of the police, who know his face very well as being the thief who practically demolished a noble's house. He would be lucky to gain the death penalty.

The Professor shrugged, "that's yet to be decided," he replied simply.

Kid gained her own glare at the lab coated man as she kneeled next to Neon; she was slowly beginning to grow annoyed with him herself.

Jason kneeled down to Neon and Kid, he gave him a wink, "don't worry, Neon. I'm sure we'll find something for you to do," Jason assured, he turned to Kid, "please, come with me," he requested holding a hand out for her. Kid didn't want to leave Neon, and for some reason Neon didn't really want her doing what he just had to go through.

Jason assured both of them and Kid slowly accepted his hand and came to her feet. Jason guided Kid over to another door and pushed it open, the room was similar to the one Neon was in.

"Now Kid," she turned and looked to Jason, he was holding the same headphones, "I'm going to need you to put these on."

Kid stared at them and jumped back, not wanting those things anywhere near her. "Come on, Neon had them on and he's fine," Jason assured.

Kid shook her head as she stepped away from him.

Jason sighed as he turned them on, showing off the laser once more, "okay, look," he ran his hand over the laser, it didn't affect his hand in any way and didn't leave any marks. "See, harmless," he informed holding them out to her, "and you can take them off if they begin to hurt you in any way."

Kid didn't move from her place and Jason came closer and slowly placed the headphones on her. They made her brain literally itch. Jason softly adjusted them, "there, you okay?"

She nodded.

"Good. Now I'm going to be behind that window and that door," he explained, "if it becomes too much for you, just take the headphones off but we really need you to keep them on as long as possible, okay?"

Kid nodded as she fiddled with her headphones for a moment, "something will happen momentarily."

He walked back into the same room as the Professor. Neon slowly got to his feet and walked over to the window to look to Kid. She looked somewhat scared looking back and forth across the room. "You're not going to use the same tests as me, are you?"

Nobody answered him.

The Professor clicked away at his keyboard, the window suddenly went dark and Neon jumped when he couldn't see her. After a few more moments, Kid's image appeared, she had sat down on the ground looking around. The Professor frowned as he checked several settings and seemed completely and utterly confused.