57

Mary felt liked her whole mind was still dealing with the aftermath of her dream.

She took a slow sip of a tea cup, her hands weren't even shaking. But even Harold knew something happened.Mary was fine to continue now though, they were only ten minutes away from their destination.

"I managed to try and find a connection between these girls," Harold explained.

Jason nodded, "what is it?"

Harold opened up a new tab, it looked like hospital list. "What list is this? Transplants? Therapy?"

"Abortions," Harold explained, "Each girl had been to the same hospital for an abortion. The prostitutes for obvious reasons, the maids each seemed to get one because they couldn't afford to keep or have one, the immigrant farmer, same situation and the street performer was raped," Harold explained.

"The hospital takes reasons for abortions?" Mary asked.

"No, we just find out about them," Jason explained, "We make educated guesses. A pregnant prostitute isn't a smart idea, the maids were poor, the immigrant had no financial means to take care of a child and there's a report of the street dancer being raped two months ago."

Mary nodded."So... we're looking for a doctor?" Mary asked, "most likely a female doctor."

"Quite possibly," Jason informed, "but we've figured out an easier way of catching the Death Keeper and the actual murderer."

The airship finally landed in a remote part of Delco City, where nobody would attempt to steal their airship.

As soon as they walked out of the airship, Jason looked Mary up and down, "you need to change," he informed.

Mary looked down at herself, she was wearing a dull pink tunic and tights with knee high boots and a belt. It was hardly the stuff of lower class.

She nodded, "Give me ten minutes I can get changed in no time," she informed.

Jason and Harold nodded, "okay. Ten minutes, then we need to start canvasing, we think we know who they might attempt attacking next," Harold explained.

Mary nodded as she looked around, clothes from a residence here would do, now she just needed to either find someone or find a house with an open window. She looked around, the nearest house was about twenty yards away.

Mary looked to Jason, "can I get a lift?" she asked.

Jason smirked and scoffed at the same time and nodded as he kneeled down with his hands together. Mary placed one of her feet on his hands, "be smart, don't go taking what you can't give back," Jason informed.

Mary nodded, "yes, sir."

She had barely spoken those words before she was thrown in the air high and towards the houses, despite Jason's strength she wasn't going to land on a rooftop. Mary pulled a stick of TNT from her corset and bit the string shorter. She clicked a flame and made it explode beneath her, the explosion sent her flying further up and out.

Harold laughed when he saw the explosion, "Explosives? Really?"

Jason shook his head and smirked, "she likes to go out with a bang."

Harold punched him for the pun.

Mary was floating over the houses now and allowed herself to fall quickly, landing on one of her legs and using the momentum of the other to send her across the road to the rooftop of the next house. She landed on one side of the roof top, she continued running up, sure not to break the tiles, and got to the top, she balanced on the thin part of the rooftop for a moment before falling forwards on her knees.