113

To avoid bringing too much suspicion to them, they decided to take the trains to Mr Mite's house.

But it was a very long trip to make to get there by train. Mr Mite owned a mansion in the country, and while he owned many other buildings within several cities, the country was where he went to enjoy quiet and peaceful times.

Neon sat in one of the carts looking out the window, watching as the sticks in the earth swooped by him, never having a chance to be as quick. Kid was attempting to get his attention in any way possible, which involved sitting on his lip, playing with his ears, poking his nose, snuggling against him like a cat and tickling him under the chin. Neon dismissed most of her attempts for attention, but tickled her back when she tried, and failed, to tickle him.

Jason, Mary, Goldie and Jesse sat in a four seat section on the opposite side of the train hallway, and often watched Kid fidgeting for Neon's attention.

Mary managed to sit by the window, much to Goldie's annoyance as he had to settle for the seat next to Mary, and an entire seat away from the window. He spent the first five minutes of the train ride pouting and almost glaring at the smug Mary. Jason had the window seat across from Mary and sat next to Jesse, who seemed content on just snoozing for most of the train ride.

Neon was too distracted to quench Kid's need for attention. Sensing he had a clouded mind, Kid eventually started strolling the aisle of the train cart.

Neon was trying to comprehend what had been in Dominick's book.

It wasn't a diary as he had thought it may be and it was written in plain English, so he couldn't have possibly misread it.

The whole book was filled with page after page of torture techniques, survival drawings, information and tips, and different ways to die, and how long it took for you to die in certain situations.

It was disturbing and left Neon shell-shocked.

He remembered his fright when he started reading the book. There were detailed drawings of ways to tie up people with ropes or plastic or anything tie-able, there were drawings of a figure in stress positions, how far to push their arms up to dislocate their shoulders, torture by yanking finger nails, cutting off nipples, water technique, drowning in a lack of water. While nothing made Neon read it, he couldn't stop once he started, and the more he read of it, the sicker he felt in his stomach.

When he had finished he raced to the window and violently threw it out the window and watched as it fell into the water and disappeared in its depth.

Even remembering it now, Neon felt like crying.

He was questioning his emotions as the scenery continued out the train window like a film.

Was Kid oblivious to this?

Live certainly didn't seem to be.

Throughout Neon's life he had met some sicko people, and half the things in the book he either knew of or criminals bragged about doing them, but none of them had ever really documented what they've done. But what disturbed Neon more than the actual documented information was the question of how Dominick managed to get to the information. Did he get it by experiencing it first hand or doing it first hand? And if so, who did he do this stuff on?

The thought sent a shudder down Neon's spine and one of the tears in his eyes dripped down his face, causing him to scowl at himself as he quickly wiped it away and bit down hard on his lip as he tried to dismiss the thoughts.

Kid was walking up and down the hall of the train cart, sometimes even crawling along the ground, and looked under chairs and tables that was placed between four sets of each chair section.