110

Mary peered into Neon's room to check up on him before going to bed herself. She saw Neon lying there asleep with Kid curled up in a ball next to him also asleep.

She hadn't expected to find them in Delco City, but both the Ringleaders knew Neon would've gone somewhere he was comfortable with. Doubting his hometown, they guessed it would've been Delco City.

But nobody had expected them to be summoned by something, Jason and Harold planned to come collect them when they were done observing.

Seeing the two of them were okay, Mary closed the door and continued on her way to her own room.

Neon felt really warm, which somewhat confused him.

Since when were the streets of Delco City ever warm? Or this comfortable?

Neon could feel something soft under his head and something warm covering his whole body. His arms seemed to move, but it touched something. A different fabric to what was covering him. Opening his eyes, he noticed he was lying on a pillow with a blanket over him. His hand seemed to have brushed against Kid's tunic. Upon seeing her, the overwhelming feeling of her presence washed over him again and he sighed with relief.

Despite his relief, he wondered why Kid was back, why Live had decided to allow her to come to the surface once more.

His hand slowly lifted and stroked Kid's hair in an attempt of affection, but upon his touch Kid seemed to groan from the discomfort of touch and the lock of hair Neon had touched darkened into a streak of black. This one lock was a greater extent of the rest of Kid's white hair. Neon retracted his hand after seeing this before cautiously returning to the touch.

Kid's eyes slowly opened, one eye tainted red and the other tainted blue.

Neon stared at these odd eyes for a few moments, just softly stroking Kid's hair, before she snuggled herself closer, closing her eyes as she rested her head against his chest and embraced him before falling asleep quickly. Neon rested his chin on her head and closed his eyes as well.

Mary walked into her room and closed the door behind her. The past few days had been hectic with the repair of the base and Kimberly getting a magic cold and Nicky having a mental breakdown and...

It was all such a headache.

She didn't bother to change, she just flopped down on her bed and sank a few centimetres before rolling onto her back and kicking off her shoes. She sighed as she closed her eyes, "Do we tell everybody Kid and Neon are back tomorrow?" she asked.

Jason was sitting on an armchair by the windows, his walking stick rolling in his hand. "Not yet," he replied as he watched Mary drag herself further up her bed so she was sitting on her pillows. "I wish to speak to Kid, and I don't want her word tainted by the other agents."

Mary looked to him oddly, "what do you plan on asking her?" she asked.

Jason smiled, "I believe she may have something to say after this little misadventure of hers."

Mary looked to the ceiling of her bed. "Did you let her be taken by the Angels?" Mary asked frowning, "Allow her to be tortured and shape-shifted simply to get information or some sort of reaction?"

Jason tilted his hat to her. "My intensions were ones that she couldn't handle," Jason explained."I knew that there was the chance we wouldn't be able to protect her if everything attacked the base at once. We have now taken precautions and other creatures should never be able to do this our base again." Mary was almost glaring at him, "but yes. I did intentionally allow Kid to be interrogated by the Angels to see what would happen. It's not something that I'm particularly proud of, sadly, my bosses hold greater reins than me. And I will admit that I gave Neon the Globe expecting him to run away with Kid so she would be safe." He simply finished his statement with, "I always intended to go get them from Delco City. I always intended for them to be safe."