119

Kid sat on a chair the next morning, her feet playing with each other by softly kicking one another. Her hands had adopted a similar mauver as she looked at them in her lap at the dining table. Nobody spoke, everybody appeared to be somewhat restless themselves.

Kid felt so awkward as she looked around the table to see Dominick and Natalie were nowhere to be found.

Mary sat next to Kid for breakfast, but she didn't seem to show much interest in eating.

Mary's mind had felt unsteady ever since arriving here, and all she wanted to do was leave. She was picking everything around her up without realising it and sometimes would slam them against herself. She literally opened her eyes to two jugs of water floating above her bed that threatened to drop down and spill on her when she noticed them.

Jason had made an unannounced visit into her room and seemed to catch the jugs with minimal water spillage.

"That was close," he had said as he poured some water for himself.

Mary looked to him, her shock passing and her tired eyes taking over once more. She let off a groan when the curtains parted, she attempted to hide in the pillow. "No time for sleep I'm afraid," Jason said as he poured the other cup. Mary ignored him and tried to sleep again.

"Mary?"

"Hmm...?

"You know I hate to be ignored." Mary felt the water splash on her head, she yelped in surprise as she shot upright and saw Jason had thrown the contents at her. Mary had attempted getting the water out of her hair, but she had been soaked.

Ringleader Jason opened his pocket watch and Mary could practically see the ticking arms of the clock. "We're running out of time my dear, don't sleep it all away."

"What's there to sleep away?" Mary asked.

"Today is a special day," he informed, his watch closing.

Mary sobered up after those words. "What's happening?"

Jason folded his arms, "We don't know yet. Death Council, the demon world and the Angel world have all be silent lately..." Jason turned his back to Mary, tossing her a tunic. "But they've recently made some noise. Harold and I gained news that the Demons are coming for a Death Streak tomorrow, and there have been many sightings of Angels..."

Mary had gained a great deal of attention now as she quickly got dressed. "Why today? Why now?"

Jason smirked, "Since we had been demoted from the Death Streak Demons we don't know all of the details sadly." Jason hatted himself, "We don't know what's causing it, all we know is for some reason, everybody seems to know something we don't."

Mary smirked slightly.

"What?" he asked.

"Just trying to imagine how annoyed you must be since you don't know someone else's secrets," Mary said.

Jason folded his arms, "Even your secrets aren't safe, Mary," was all he said as the two of them left the room to go to the dining hall with everybody else.

Mary still sat there thinking, she could tell everybody else knew by now what Jason had heard. They were all thinking about it, or at least subconsciously thinking about it. Everybody was nervous.

All except for Neon and Kid, there wasn't even a trace of the information in either of them. Kid was practically teething  on her necklace, her chomps echoed in the room.

Mr Mite seemed most annoyed about this, every time her teeth vibrated he cringed violently. He soon couldn't take it, "Would you stop that infernal noise!" he snapped, his spoon for his coffee flying across the table from him having slammed it on the white table cloth.