40

His shadow was twitching, blurring as if it was a glitch in a video game, moving as if it didn't know whether to move or stay as still as its owner. As a result, Neon felt lopsided and off balanced when his shadow jerked from one side to the other.

They seemed to be effected too, some of the henchmen were swaying and one was even forced to sit down.

Then out of nowhere, something practically exploded across the room, catching everybody's attention, including Neon's. One of the wooden crates had been knocked over and split open.

"Someone's here," Charles informed.

Isaac stared at him like he was a complete idiot, "no shit," he pulled out his gun, Joel copied holding a pistol, and the two of them and the henchmen started slowly walking across the room.

There was this odd form of growl, something that echoed in the room and sent shivers down Neon's spine. Then there was some sort of creaking, like someone was stepping on pieces of wood. Joel's hands were shaking as he held the gun.

Charles heard it again, and out of nowhere fell over and was dragged about four feet across the room. He yelped in surprise as he chin hit the ground. What had tripped him over?

Everybody turned to look at him, but their attention was on Kid, who was now sitting up. Her eyes were still closed and her hands still chained. Her eyes flickered, but she opened her eyes. They were completely black, like an endless galaxy of a starless space. These eyes sent everybody into a chilling feeling, but out of nowhere, everybody fell over, everything that was piled on top of each other fell over like something had been pulled out from beneath it.

Neon fell over and fell into view.

He watched as his shadow, completely disconnected from him, went racing from himself over to Kid, who was picked up by a group of them. Every one stared at her as the shadows seemed to seep into her handcuffs, turning the completely jet black, before melting off her hands like water and disappearing in the shadows that surrounded her.

Her eyes were completely jet black again, like some sort of demonic figure instead of the child she actually seemed to be. Her lips were in a closed snarl as she seemed to glare at everything.

People started coming at her. Kid gave them one look as all the shadows launched themselves at him, it seeped into his skin and made the man go into a fit of seizures. His veins popped out of his neck, his hands, his eyes and turned a dark black. His seizures ceased, but the blackness in his blood remained.

Everybody stared in horror as a Shade screeched and hissed at all of them.

Kid seemed to be carried by the monster, and used it to attack.

But out of nowhere, Kid was suddenly thrown from the shadow and collapsed to the ground practically out cold. Neon ran over to her, him without a shadow made him shaky, and kneeled down to her to check if she was okay. The shadow, meanwhile, attacked the men who attempted to come near her, Isaac and Charles were shot back and slammed against the walls like the rest of their men.

It let off some sort of hiss and roared as it wrapped itself around Joel and squeezed him like a boa constrictor. He yelled out in pain as he felt his ribs crack and his wrists and knees crack under the pressure.

Neon softly shook Kid, "Kid... Kid, come on," he urged rolling her over. Her eyes flickered, losing the blackness in them. He shook her again, "Kid, wake up, come on. It's me Neon, Kid, come on, don't be annoying!" he hissed.

Kid let off a whimper of pain.

The shadows abandoned squeezing Joel's life right out of him and launched back at Neon. Neon was scooped up by his feet and was held upside down. He could feel the shadow beginning to stretch down his legs. "Kid! Kid!" Neon yelled.