101

Kid was quickly placed into a room, it was certainly more luxurious than the room at the Travellers she had been left in. The room was bigger, as Kid walked around in it she stepped over some older looking toys. She soon at on the end of the bed that was provided for her. It was way bigger than the bunk beds she remembered, this one was bigger than a Queen's mattress, when she laid down on it her body couldn't even cover a quarter of it. The gold blankets were so airy that Kid sank into them slightly.

She stood up and continued to explore her room. It was generally rounded, and there was a make-up table across from her with a magnificent mirror that was taller and wider than Kid. But even this mirror was confused about her image, as all Kid got when she looked at it was a great blur.

It was almost like a glitch to look at. She was a blur the whole time, but she would change in height and even the blurry colours that you saw changed; white, black, tall, short and so on.

Kid abandoned attempting to see what she looked like and turned to a wall that led to a veranda. Pushing opened the doors she walked forwards until she got to the edge of the veranda. Looking out, she felt like she was seeing the whole world. To the left there was water, and to the right there was forest, and in between appeared a pathway that led to human civilisation.

It was cold up this high in the clouds that passed by.

"You should change if you're cold," someone said.

Kid gasped as she turned to see Ariella leaning beside the door. Kid didn't know whether to be scared or not. Brushing her hair back, Kid backed herself so much she was sitting on what kept people from falling off. Ariella smiled as she approached, "There's no need to be hostile, Kid. I'm not meaning to cause harm, just merely a need to understand," she informed. Her wings draped on the ground behind her as she walked and soon kneeled in front of Kid. "How are you liking it here so far?"

Kid gulped as she looked around again, was it a bad thing if she said she liked it?

It was a very beautiful place.

Ariella smiled at her silence as she looked around. "Kid, like the Travellers, us Angels thrive on knowledge also. We simply love it, to understand the world and use every advantage it has." Kid felt like she had heard this speech before, "One being you."

Kid looked to Ariella and hugged her arms. Ariella said she would take care of Kid when she found her with the Nekos, and while Kid did feel safe, it felt weird being with the Angels, almost like she was betraying the Travellers by being here.

Ariella tilted her head. "We're not going to do anything if you don't want us to, but we would like to learn more about you, and the Travellers are such cheapskates when it comes to this." She was smiling, "We believe you have a higher purpose, and we believe you know this as well, or a part of you does. And all we want to do is help."

Kid nearly gasped as she lifted her head and looked to the Angel. She's bluffing my little panda. She doesn't know what she's talking about. She's not a part of this.

Kid took Live's word for it as she gave a polite smile to the Angel. Remember Dominick's warning about people changing our game.

Ariella seemed to stand up.

But let's see where this goes. I want some fun.

Ariella turned to Kid as she walked through the doorway. "Get changed and come out when you're ready. There are some people who are dying to meet you."

Kid didn't know whether to take her words literal or not as she closed the door.

Kid hopped off the ledge and walked back inside to the room. She looked around for where they'd keep clothes. She looked in the footlockers, under the bed, on some chairs and soon stood before what was meant to be a closet, but it looked so fancy and elegant, Kid didn't actually know it was a closet until she opened it.