Winged Emotions

Noah took a satisfying breath filled with both anticipation and intimidation he knew moving was the right decision. Besides the basic nerves of leaving home, he was extremely eager to get out of New York and start fresh. He was settling down, he didn't want to settle down, his life wasn't supposed to feel so robotic he wasn't living to live anymore he was living to wake up, save everyone's life but his own and repeat. That wasn't what he wanted, hence moving to San Francisco. Noah wasn't the type of guy to just drop everything and leave. He had a tendency to emotionally attach to anything that gets close to him. He did his research before deciding to rearrange his whole life and he came across Dixie Johnson.

He was intrigued by her many saves in the workplace, as some must put in a great deal of effort to where for her it comes naturally. He was rather excited to work alongside such an individual, he wanted them to grow off each other to share their knowledge in a way that could benefit and give both a necessary advantage to excel increasingly at what they both enjoyed most. He took one last glance at what he'd called home for the past 5 years and attempted to reassure himself that this was for the best. He couldn't keep living in the past if he wanted a say in the future. He pessimistically walked out.

It was raining, a typical day in New York. He took the subway to the airport and decided to grab a snack from one of the snack stands before he left. A man was sitting down looking rather despondent, Noah wasn't the type to barge into something that didn't concern him, but he also wasn't the kind of person to leave a man hanging when he was clearly in need. "Hey, you okay?" Noah asked discreetly not trying to come off as nosey. "Yea, man I'm fine just a little worn out." "Why what happened." "Nothing much I just lost someone today." "Oh-oh, I'm so sorry." "No, no their not dead just not in my life anymore." "Maybe it's for the best, maybe this is an opportunity to work on yourself." All of a sudden the man turned around not crying but looking rather puffy-eyed. Noah examined his face and recognized it, so much so he couldn't identify the face no matter how hard he tried. Noah smiled grabbing a snack from the counter and paying the person in front of him. The man stood up and shook Noah's hand "What's your name?" He asked kindly. "Noah Beck" He smiled broadly as he spoke. "Griffin, Griffin Johnson." Noah's mind raced as he finally attached a face to a name and the memories of the man standing before him came back like a boomerang. Noah didn't say anything else he just smiled and walked away. He knew who Griffin was, he was his idol, the surgeon he had looked up to for as long as he could remember. He bored his 6-hour flight, with the memory of meeting his icon printed on his brain like a permanent tattoo.

As everyone platted on the plane began to sprout, Noah awoke from his fantastic dream. He sprouted like the rest of the hectic fatigued crowd, pushing and prancing past humans of every age. He got to his apartment, seeing as the neighbor ahead of Noah still had boxes outside of their door, he didn't stress too much about cleaning up his house and instead decided to sleep as the day head waits for no one.

He got to work early, wanting to make a good impression. He was eager to meet everyone. All of a sudden Dixie walked up to him, He was caught off guard but still wanted to make a good impression. He smiled and said "Hi" extending his hand for her to shake. Her handshake was firm and fulfilled. she was happy and serious. "I'm Noah Beck and I will be assisting you on your surgery this afternoon." She smiled and said "Dixie Damelio, the pleasures all mine." Noah realized her last name was different, from which two things could be true. Noah didn't want to barge in and instead took a breathe and followed Dixie into the workplace of San Fransico.