Irreplaceable

Noah and Dixie had agreed to shared ownership of Cali. They made her a schedule regarding what days they would have her corresponding with their work schedule. They both knew the responsibility the dog took on but they didn't care. Something like Cali would bring the two closer together.

"Come Cali." Dixie said patting her knees. In the last week she had been outside more in her entire life. She knew Cali would bring light into her world but she didn't think it was literal.

They were at a park, Noah had come back from the smoothie stand that was across the street like uh I.

"Here babe." He said handing her a strawberry colored cup.

"Thank you, it's so hot out here."

He smiled walking over to Cali.

"How's my girl." He said petting her.

"I was trying to get her to come here for a treat." Dixie replied to Noah even though he wasn't necessarily talking to her.

"Go to mama." Noah chanted looking at Cali.

She ran over so fast, almost running Dixie over.

"Good girl." Dixie said holding out her hand of Cali to consume the treat.

Noah laughed as they all laid down on the grass, Cali being as tiny as she was squeezed in between the two.

Dixie kissed the top of Cali's forehead.

"Hey." Noah said turning to look at the girls in his life.

"Where's my kiss." Dixie laughed as she kissed his lips softly.

"Don't go replacing me."

"Never." Dixie laughed.

"Your irreplaceable."