Ice cream

Dixie got home around 7:37.

After seeing Charly she filled gas, bought a couple books, went grocery shopping.

She got home, put her groceries away, took a shower, read a couple pages of her book and was going to watch tv when she realized the only thing she forgot to buy at the store was ice cream.

She unlocked the door the Noah's apartment because after she gave him a key, he gave her one as well.

She opened the freezer grabbing the still packaged ice cream, a spoon from the drawer and dug in. She almost missed the knock on the door, indulging in her bite of rocky road.

She walked over, opening the door in her pjs Ben and Jerry's in hand.

"I'm sorry." An oddly familiar looking man with blonde hair and blue eyes looked at her with curiosity in his eyes.

"This must be the wrong apartment, I'm looking for Noah Beck."

"Oh no your in the right place, I'm his girlfriend I just came over here for his ice cream but um—"

"Is he home."

"No he won't be for a while but you can come in what your name again."

"Bryce.. Bryce Duke."

"okay well nice to meet you Bryce Duke I'm Dixie."

"So do you live here too." Bryce asked sitting down on the stools located under the kitchen island. "No I live in the apartment across from here." "Oh cool well how long have you known Noah for?" "I'm not sure around 6 months." "And he's still doing that surgery thing." Dixie looked at Bryce suspiciously wondering exactly how well this boy knew Noah. "Yea he's still doing that surgery thing, has he ever not."

"Has he ever not?"

Bryce looked shocked like someone just punched in the face. "You know he used to play Soccer right." Dixie didn't say anything just stood there. " he was the best player on the team until his dad had to die and he had to become a surgeon and save everybody else's lives, he could've gone pro."

Bryce was standing now looking down at his feet as if deep in thought.

" Wait what he played soccer." Dixie said after a minute.

"Yea you didn't know, that was his everything his reason for waking up in the morning for going to bed at night that and Kate.

"Kate?"

"Look I didn't know you didn't know anything about his life."

" yeah apparently I don't."

"I'm sorry."

As if on cue, Noah open the door. Not realizing two people were in there with him until he turned around. "Dixie." He said first seeing her. " what are you doing here I was just going to tex—"

" what the hell." Dixie turn to look at Noah rage burning in and out of her eyes.

" Bryce." He said finally acknowledging the presence of an old friend.

"Hey man I—"

"What the hell are you doing here?"

" I just wanted to see how you were—"

"Get out get the fuck out."

"I—"

"GET OUT."