Dinner with friends

"WHY ARE YOU SO DIFFICULT!" Lorelei yelled the glass in her hand almost breaking on the force of her anger. "LORELEI THIS ISN'T JUST MY FAULT YOU WERE APART OF THIS JUST AS MUCH AS I WAS." "FUCK YOU." "WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME GO FIND YOUR BOYFRIEND I BET HE MISSES YOU!" "HES NOT MY BOYFRIEND NOAH WHY DO YOU ALWAYS DO THAT I LOVE YOU I WANT TO BE WITH YOU!" "DO YOU?"

"yes."

"why?"

"Why what?"

"Why don't you trust that I love you."

"I do—"

"Noah."

"I do."

Noah and Lorelei's relationship was toxic they can both admit that now. When they were together they were both extremely insecure which met every rash decision made about their relationship including getting married wasn't made out of love but more the feeling of being so empty that having anybody's presence would suffice. Noah wouldn't say he didn't care about her or that every memory they made meant nothing just that they had a lot of growing to do.

"Lorelei what are you doing here."
Dixie and Noah had stood up and Dixies tears had vanished into thin air. Noah was still going to get what happened today out of Dixie he did have other things to attend too.

"I'm staying for a couple days they want me to do a Laparoscopy."

"Oh"

"Yes well—"

Dixie cut her off wanted to make a better impression. "Dixie D'amelio." Dixie held out her hand one that Lorelei didn't shake at least not right away.

"Lorelei Macalister."

Noah smiled as they shook hands. He did love seeing the two of them be friends or at least friendly

"Your Noah's girlfriend I pursue."

Noah's heart stopped when she shook her head. "No just a friend."

Just a friend.
Just a friend
Just a friend

"Oh okay then."

Lorelei turned to Noah who's face had went from glad his girlfriend and ex-wife were being friendly to she's not my girlfriend have I been reading the signs wrong.

"Noah I was wondering if you'd want to grab dinner and talk some time?"

"Um sure yea."

Noah looked at Dixie who was smiling then back at Lorelei who was doing the same thing.

"Yea I'd love to."