Mother and daughter dismay

This was another first. One both Dixie and Noah were looking forward too. After there conversation, they drove Dixies stuff to the apartment and signed the papers, finally receiving the first pair of keys to their new home.

They moved in across the next 48hours. Taking everything out of Noah's apartment and getting as much as they could set up in their place. They spilt the things they would use and not use based on which item would fit better for their new life.

For example they kept Dixies couch because it was gray, the color they were going for. Whereas they kept Noah's coffee table, because Dixies was broken, and his had more memories. They had bought a new bed, one to symbolize this new chapter.

Dixie was happy, and so was Noah.

Though they hadn't unpacked much and there house wasn't home just yet, it was coming together. There bedroom was close to being done as they built their bed frame and bought sheets and a purple mattress.

"I love this so much." Dixie said standing in the kitchen.

"I love this too." Noah said walking up behind her and kissing her neck softly.

Dixie smiled looking over her shoulder and kissing his lips. It was a soft kiss, one full of promises; true ones, ones of hope and excited. Ones full of new beginnings.

"It's late, should we try out our new bed?" Noah smiled, a wicked smile.

"I think we shall." Dixie answered following him to the bedroom.

She knew what was happening before it happened, making the wise decision to remove her shorts before entering the room. She liked that she could leave them there, in the hallway. That this was her place too.

She was in underwear when she joined him on the bed, smiling and he kissed her with passion.

"I love you" he said breaking the kiss for a breath.

"I love you more."

She got on top of his lap, a heat of the moment sort of action. She removed his shirt kissing his as he grabbed her thighs pulling her closer. He wanted her to stay there forever. In this position. He wanted this view from the rest of his life.

"Dixie" he said breathless, pushing her back just to look her in the eye.

"Yes?" She answered nervous, wondering if she had done something wrong.

"You can't leave."

She looked at him.

"Promise me, you won't leave."

"Noah where is this coming from-"

"Promise me."

"I promise of course I promise but why."

"Because I'm starting to invest myself in you. Not just my time or money but my heart, my thoughts, my secrets. You have to promise me that you won't go anywhere, no matter what happens."

She kissed him.

"Noah, I need you to listen to every word I'm about to say to you, okay?"

He nodded, breaking their eye contact and then mending it.

"You are my world, and I don't plan on leaving it, ever. Stop doubting this; us. Stop doubting your heart. Go for what you want."

"I want you."

"You have me, you always will."

He flipped her over, kissing her everywhere.

They made love that night, it was one of many others and both couldn't help but feel relief. They found each other what more could they want in life than that.

—————————— The next day ——

Noah woke up at 7am because he was living his best life. One he only dreamed for himself. He had the job, the money, the friends, the home, but most importantly he had the girl and himself and that was a blessing in itself.

The knock at the door interrupted got out of the kitchen to answer it. Patient have been expecting anyone as no one really knew their new address.

Noah looked through the hole in the door before opening it.

A lady maybe in her early 40s, a brunette, talk about 5'9 with a "I know what you did" look on her face stood behind the white wood.

"Can I help you?" Noah asked looked at the women.

"I'm looking for Dixie Johnson."

"It's D'amelio, who's asking." Noah wasn't trying to be rude he just didn't like hearing his girlfriends name with her ex-husband's last name. Beck sounded much better.

"I'm her mother."

shit