you can't

She talked to Griffin for a good 2 hours. She hung up when she couldn't hear laughter coming from the other end of her closed door.

"Babe?" She heard Noah say, as he knocked on her door.

"Yea."

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

Dixie had put her phone under her pillow. She didn't know why it wasn't like she was doing something bad. Her and Griffin are friends and Noah knows that.

"I just thought we could talk. Bryce and Kate just left."

"Oh okay."

"You walked away."

"You guys were talking I didn't want to be a fourth wheel, did you have fun at least, getting to catch up with your old friends?"

"Yea it was fine, are you okay? You've been acting different, you feel distant."

"I'm fine Noah."

"Are you sure do you want to talk about something."

"I'm fine Noah." There was more passion in her voice this time. Like she wanted him to stop asking.

"Okay we'll I just wanted to talk to you about Kate."

"What about her?"

"I— just— I don't know- what did you guys talk about?"

"Oh I mean we talked about a lot, are you asking for something specific?"

"No I guess not."

"Okay."

"I just wanted to let you know I'm sorry if I did anything, I don't want you to feel left out or anything. Which reminds me we're dropping them off at the airport tonight, if that's okay with you."

"Yea that's great. What time?"

"I don't know, after 9 for sure."

"Okay, I'm gonna go out. Just call me an hour before so I can get home."

"Yea for sure uh.. where are you going?"

"Nowhere important."

Dixie got up off the bed and Noah did the same.

"Okay than ill go with you.."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"That's not an answer."

"You just can't okay."

"Wait but."

"Okay."

"Okay okay.. I'm sorry."

"No I'm sorry. Look Noah I just need this okay. Call me I shouldn't be long but just in case okay."

"Yea okay."

Dixie kissed his forehead. Grabbing a couple things before running out the door.