Pancakes

Dixie watched Noah make her breakfast. She smiled as he put a bunch of ingredients in the bowl he had found under the sink. Giggled as he poured the pancake batter into the pan on the stove, she could tell he was trying to impress her when he flipped the pancake, not breaking eye contact so he could see her facial expression.

"Your birthday is coming up." Dixie said bitting her lips as if wishing her last thought hadn't escaped.

"Yea."

"You don't seem excited."

"It's just another day, nothing special."

"It's the day you came into the world." Dixie said getting up to hug him.

"I'd say that's pretty special."

Dixie hugged Noah holding onto his torso as he flipped the pancakes again. She laid a kiss on the back of his shoulder blade.

"Yea but I'm not really a fan of birthdays, after my parents died I didn't have anything to be grateful for."

"You have me."

Dixie hugged him tighter.

"You'll always have me."

"I love you."

Noah moved his arm over to hold Dixie. He kissed her hair.

"I know."

They both smiled as Noah placed the pancakes he made on two plates. Topping them with syrup, chocolate chips and a cherry.

"You know I'm more of a waffles girl myself."

"Oh yea is that how you feel."

"Mmh."

Noah turned off the stove. Grabbing a fork and shoving a bit of the pancake he had just made in her mouth. Letting her chew before wiping the bit of chocolate that was attached to her upper lip.

"Wow this is good."

"I told you."

"I might have to switch to pancakes."

"Oh don't be so sure I make a mean waffle."

"Ugg how will I ever choose."

"Stay with me and you'll never have to."