"Forever doesnt exist"

Dixie went back to work the minute they got off the plane. She wanted to stay with Noah but she had missed so much, he couldn't afford to lose her job; especially now. 

Noah on the other hand, called work for an extra day of mourning. Saying he would be back up and running on Monday.

Mads was the first person Dixie spotted when she walked into the O.R. Dr. Revese had put her on the surgery as a redemption. He wanted her to prove she belonged at the hospital. Dixie wasn't worried. She wasn't trying to be cocky but she was the best surgeon at this place (besides Noah) and he couldn't let her go. It's bad for business.

"Hey your back." Mads say looking up from the open heart on the table. She grabbed a new scalpel as Dixie scrubbed in.

"Yea we got in last night." She answered meeting her on the table.

"Hey so.. how's he doing."

"Actually or what he's trying to coney?"

"Actually."

"I'm not sure. I know he was really hurt the day of the service. He got mad at me but we worked through it. I just wished he would tell me what he was feeling instead of hiding it the way he does."

"Ye he does do that. I remember he used to do it when we were young."

"Madison come here." Mads had taken her brothers favorite action figure as a joke but it backfired as she was in trouble.

"He took my doll first-" Mads said as a way to justify her actions.

"Give it back Madison."  Their mother scolded.

"No"

"Hey.. give it back to your brother."

"Fine here!" She handed it back to him harshly conveying her anger.

"Thank u."

"Noah how did you feel when she took you toy?"

"I don't know" he answered his head hanged down at his feet.

"Did it make you angry or sad?"

"I don't know." Noah said again. Noah and Madison didn't know it than but this way Noah's way of being hurt. Closed off, conceled. Neither of there parents knew why he was like that. Their family was always talking feels. But maybe environment doesn't affect you as much as you want it too.

When Dixie got home she showered changed and than walked over to Noah's. He was sitting on his bed. Reading a book Dixie had seen on his shelf the first time she was in here.

She jumped onto the bed. His legs were crossed he had reading glasses on and Dixie wasn't sure if he'd recognized her presence until she kissed his lips quickly.

"Hey... what was that for." He said smiling up at her.

"I just.. I love you. Forever."

"Forever? That doesn't exist."

He said turning back to his book.

She grabbed his chin so he was looking at her when she said.

"Forever."