Forever my mother

When Dixie's mom woke up, she didn't know where she was.

"Hey mom." Dixie said softly. She watched as her mom arose from the couch. She could see her childhood in her eyes. It was as if she held the bridge to the past she was trying so hard to forget. She couldn't go back, she didn't want to. She knew she deserved better than what her mother was able to provide for her. She can learn to forgive her without having her around. She didn't want to rebuild the bridge and she knew the only way to truly do that was to keep her mother out of her life... for good.

It was a hard decision on one hand, but on the other she never really had her mother. She spent 3/4 of her life believing the way her mother raised her was normal. She would feel weird seeing a mother care for there child. She would watch her friends parents do simple things like take pictures of their daughters for prom with a guy they wanted to go with, not forcing two young adults to pose as if in love but really only instructed to look as if they cared for each other as anything more than a friend. It wasn't real and it hurt her. She couldn't allow that back into her life, no matter how much she loved her mother she couldn't do it.

"Dixie.. what- where." She knew her mother was confused she always was after waking up.

"Mom, dads brother Sam is coming to pick you up. I love you but you can't stay here."

"So your kicking me out, your own mother. You worthless worthless child how could you do this to me? I'm your mother. I despise you, you disgust me."

"Mom" Dixie couldn't bring herself to care about the words her mother didn't mean. She couldn't help the tear that fell down her cheek.

Noah stood behind her, only getting up to help his girlfriends mother off the couch and into her girlfriends uncles car.

"Sweetheart I'm so sorry about her, I didn't know she was coming, I should have stopped her."

"It's okay Uncle Sam." Dixie said and he kissed her forehead before closing the car door and retreating back to the passenger side.

Noah walked over to Dixie as her uncle pulled out of the driveway. He knew this was hard for her. Even if she didn't want to admit it to herself.

Dixie tried her best not to cry, but the moment Noah pulled her into his arms she lost it.

"It's okay Dixie, it's okay."

"I-I just love her so much.. even though I want to hate her for what she put me through. I love her."

"I know."