Hes just a friend

Noah got back to the apartment both him and Dixie occupied at around 10pm. He did in fact leave Madison's house at 6 and you might be wondering what Noah did for 4 hours well. He went back to the hospital and did a surgery because that usually clears his head. When that didn't work he went for a drive and ended up at a bridge. He took in the scene with the initial task of trying to clear his head. He thought about going to get his car fixed and than realized he was avoiding the unavoidable and went back to his apartment which is where he was standing when he took a fairly deep breath.

It wasn't that he was nervous to tell Dixie about everything that was mentioned in a conversation he had with his ex wife and twin sister. Okay that was a lie he was 100% nervous. He didn't think it would scare her off he just didn't want to tell her to get into his past like that. It scared him. Talking about everything. He hadn't done that before and he wasn't willing to start, but it was Dixie the first girl who's ever really made him feel something.

"You got this Noah."

He kept whispering to himself. He stood outside Dixies door thinking about knocking and mad when his hand didn't seem to move. "Ugg."
He yelled at himself in his head as he turned around walking into his apartment instead.

"I'm just gonna take a shower." He said to no one. Getting in the rounded white box with warm water poring out.

"How will she react?"
"What if she hates it?"
"What if she hates you?"
"What if she doesn't like what you've done?"
"What if she's iffy about being with you?"

Noah paused thinking the thought that hurt the most.

"What if..."

"What if she breaks up with you?"

He couldn't bare the thought of losing Dixie. He had just gotten her back.

He got dressed slowing really contemplating whether or not he should wait until tomorrow to have a conversation he didn't want to have. But he knew putting it off longer would only make it worse for him and for her.

He walked up to the door thinking about knocking before remembering he had a key. She had given it to him before the Lorelei mishap as a small gesture. Mainly for her to know she could still get into her apartment if she forgets the keys again.

"Here" Dixie said handing Noah the only other key to her apartment. "I want you to have it." "Why." "Because I want to be able to get into my apartment the next time I lose my key." "Thank you." "Anytime." Dixie turned walking towards the door. "Wait." Noah grabbed Dixie arm in a swift movement, pulling her back to him. Her arm now resting on his chest and their lips inches apart. He kissed Dixie softly tasting the strawberry ice cream they had ate for dessert on her lips.

"What was that for?"

She asked when they pulled away.

"For trusting me with a key to your home."

Noah opened the door staring at Dixie who was sitting on the couch.

Next to a guy?