𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢

"I am going to miss you," I mumble just loud enough for Gray to hear my voice. He hums a little, brushing the hair out of my face as I look up at him.

"Go see Clay," Gray says a hint of sadness in his voice and I nod a little. It's weird because it's almost like the first time we had met back in London. Gray is dressed in a nice suit but this time I am in a yellow dress. I had gotten much more into dresses since I met Gray so I wore them much more then I used too. I pull away from his embrace and he gives me a soft smile as he offers me my bag.

He had been really sweet and bought me a first class seat back to Orlando and then an Uber to bring me to the old apartment.

"Thank you," I mumble as I take the bag from him but he wraps his arms around me. I take a small breath and he chuckles a little.

"I'm going to miss you too," Gray whispers to me and I look up to meet his blue eyes. He kisses my forehead and I bury my face in his chest before pulling away after a minute. "If you ever need anything," He smiles and holds his phone in his hand and I smile a little back to him.

"Bye Gray," I say as the voice rings out above us and through the airport speakers, letting us know that my flight will be taking off soon which makes my chest hurt and my stomach turn.

"Bye Riv," Gray says taking a step away from me with a smile, letting me know that it is time for me to leave. I'm definitely leaving with more then I came with and I promised that I would keep in contact with him but I'm still going to miss him, mainly because we have spent almost everyday together for the last month and a half or so. "Have a nice flight." He says and I nod a little before turning and heading to the terminal so I can get onto my plane.

The flight was just about uneventful as any before. I sat in my first class seat and no matter how much I tried to go to sleep or whatever food the ladies brought around I couldn't eat either. I wasn't allowed to drink quite yet in the United States because I wasn't turning twenty for another two months or so.

Instead I messed around on my laptop, playing small games mindlessly, not actually paying attention but it made it look like I was doing something. I also stared out the window as time went by because it seemed that the flight was taking much more time it should have to get to Florida from Seattle but how was I supposed to know.

Eventually I find the plane landing on the ground and see that it's getting pretty late. I hadn't thought about the timezone change as well I suppose. Once I find my Uber driver, I can't help but laugh a little as he calls me by Gray's last name and I tell him the address which I need to get too.

"Here we go," I mumble as the car pulls up in front of the apartment building on the busy street which we live on. Everything is going to be alright, we are adults after all. "Thank you so much." I give a small smile to the nice guy who had driven me, handing him a tip before leaving the car.

"No problem doll." The guy gives me a smile which I only barely can genuinely return as my heart races faster and faster in my chest. I climb out of the car, taking my suit case in my one hand and backpack in the other before looking up at the building which towers over my small self.

"Deep breaths," I tell myself, putting my backpack onto my back. I know that deep down inside of me, I am trying to stall time, not knowing if I am ready for the conversation which is to come when I see Clay. I take a deep breath and step forwards, blocking out all of the thoughts in my head as my feet carry my to the lift to take me to the floor which I live on with Clay. "Ok," I tell myself as I carefully touch the button to take me to the proper floor. "Oh god," I whisper to myself as soon as I realize what I am doing. "Oh my god," I saw and step backwards so my back is against the metal wall of the lift and I'm facing the sliding doors. "I'm so dumb," I groan and look out the small window as the elevator rises slowly. "I should have stayed with Gray." I tell myself because I really don't know what to do now that I am here but I should because I'm an adult. The doors slide open and I step forwards, out of the lift and into the hall. I walk down the hall slowly and stop in front of the door. "Do I even have my key?" I ask myself before burying my face in my hands. "Aaaa." I groan to myself, feeling tears of frustration form in my eyes even more coming as I try to wipe them away.

"River," A soft voice speaks up as I am leaning against the hallway wall across from the door, tears still rolling down my face as I try to muffle my crying. "River." He repeats as he goes to step forwards to touch me but I shake my head no because I don't want to be touched right now. Clay looks down at the ground guiltily and neither of us say anything.