𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢

I stand outside the door, my hand reached out slightly but not fully as my other sits in the pocket of my hoodie. I bite my lip suddenly overthinking this all, maybe I shouldn't have come back. I should've stayed in England with Will and Hannah even though they had told me that I would regret it if I didn't come back so I listened eventually. Hannah had practically forced the plane ticket back to the States into my hand which was a great experience.

"Yeah," I hear a voice and my ears perk up, my eyes tracing the neat outline of the door. "I know, just hear me out," He continues on but seems to get cut off by an another voice I can't hear, he is probably on a call with someone. "What?" He asks, sounding confused. "I know, I know." Dream says sounding somewhere between stressed yet also has a little hope in his voice. "Eight, I can do eight." He agrees and my heart drops. He has a date with someone. I back up a little, fumbling with the key on the little keychain he had given to me when we became a thing and my heart hurts. I thought it hurt when I first got home to Will but that pain is indescribable compared to this one. I stumble a little as I back up and hit the wall, trying to keep myself from crying. "Hold on," Dream says and I stare at the door, hearing him come closer to the front door. "Hello?" He says, his eyes immediately looking down the hall before landing on me. "I," Dream says when his once bright green eyes that seem to have dulled land on me. "I have to call you back." He says before hanging up immediately not even letting the other person say goodbye.

We stand in silence for a second and I refuse to speak because I know that if I do then I will start crying.

"River," Dream says my voice softly and I look up at him. We are both frozen to our spots with me at the wall and Dream at the door of the apartment. His phone is gripped in his hands, his knuckles turned white from the grip he has on them.

"Hi," I mutter, looking back down at the ground as tears start to fall down my face.

"Are you," Dream looks down the hall, the grip on his phone loosening slightly. "You're really here." He says, sounding slightly in shock and I am rushed with multiple emotions.

"Yeah," I mutter, pulling on the handcuffs on my hoodie nervously as tears start to fall down my face and I dig my nails into my palms to keep myself from letting out any noise. "I'm sorry," I say quietly and Dream steps closer, tilting my head up so I can meet his eyes.

"Oh, hey," Dream says quietly when he sees me crying and he pulls me into his chest which only makes me feel worse. "Don't cry," He mutters and I bury my face into his dark shirt to muffle my sobs. "Why are you crying? Please don't cry." He says, kissing the top of my head and rubbing my back which only makes me feel more guilty. I missed him and yet here he is.

"I'm so sorry," I mutter into his chest and he rubs my back lightly, his other arm wrapped around me tightly as if he was trying to keep me from disappearing.

"It's ok," Dream says quietly, "I," He seems to trail off not knowing what to say and honestly I can't help but do the same. "I missed you." He says, his voice cracking lightly.

"I'm sorry," I repeat myself again.

"Stop apologizing." Dream sighs and I nod a little. We stand in the hall for a little, in silence, clinging onto each other as if we let go the other would disappear and eventually I pull away from him. A small frustrated and upset noise comes from him but he doesn't say anything else.

"I heart you have a date later," I mumble just loud enough for him to hear as I shift my weight from foot to foot, talking about whoever he was talking to earlier. "I'll leave, I'm sorry." I apologize again as he makes a face and try to walk away but he grabs my wrist with his hand that easily wraps around it.

"Date?" Dream asks me, sounding very confused and after a second he starts laughing which makes me frown a little. "Oh my god," He laughs harder and I stare at him, getting more and more confused by the second. "That was Sapnap, we were setting up a recording session." He explains through laughs and I feel my cheeks turn pink.

"Oh," I mutter as he continues to laugh.

"I can't believe," He wheezes and a small smile appears on my face.

"Stop laughing," I giggle lightly and he tries to calm himself down but with one glance at each other we are both laughing again.

"I'll cancel the recording," Dream says to me after we laugh for a little and eventually calm down. I tilt my head to the side slightly, not knowing why he would do that. He needs to post content or his fans are going to be at his neck, like mine had been until I had made the announcement that I was ok.

"You don't have to do that." I tell him and he shrugs, taking my hand in his and his eyes traveling to the way our fingers lock together perfectly.

"I know," He says and looks back to my eyes. "I want to though," Dream states, pulling me closer to him and kisses my forehead, still not letting me go. "Do you want something to eat?" He asks, looking at the door to our apartment and I shrug lightly. "We can order, c'mon." He grins, pulling me into the apartment.