valentines day

As a single 17 years old girl I didnt look forward to Valentine's Day. All the red and pinks hearts and the couples who cant stand having 3 inches separating them. As I continue to despise the the dreadful holiday my phone rings.

A scream erupts from the phone as I answer,"BEST FRIEND!",my best friend yells in the phone. "Yes Nai Nai.", I say with a slight chuckle."So are you excited for Love Day today.",Anaiya asks. "No not really.",I reply with a simple sigh."Why Y/N?",Anaiya replies. "I just wish I had someone Valentine's Day with and I love spending Valentine's Day with you and Mal but I just wish I had someone to spend it with too.",I finish."Me and you both know a person who would love to take up that offer.",Anayia says.

"Nai me and you both he is way out of my league.",I reply with matter of fact tone."No No No you are out of his his league."I smile at her protectiveness ."Well let's just say it'll never happen and we both know it .",I say."Never say never.",says Anaiya.

While walking through the front entrance of school already becoming irritated by the sight of stuffed animals and balloons. Malcolm,Anaiya's boyfriend comes walking up to Anaiya and I carrying a giant panda,chocolates, and flowers.Anaiya then screams as she sees the giant panda and rushes to hug Malcolm.

"Awwww thank you thank you" she says as she places multiple kisses on Malcolm's cheeks. "No problem ma". I smile at the young couple with delight because my best friend is happy. Mal then looks at me and reaches into his bookbag and hand me a small box of chocolates."Aww thanks Mal" I say. "No problem lil sis," he says as he ruffles the curls on my head.

As we continue to talk a pair of hands cover my eyes and I hear a voice say "Guess who.",I hear a voice say. It had to be Mariano ,the guy I've have a crush on since elementary school and Malcolm's best friend. We were always close and I simply enjoyed his company. He was always such a sweet guy. Deciding I wanted to have fun first. "Chris Evans.",I reply with a smirk. "As much as you want it to be sorry wrong answer." "Cant blame a girl for trying.",I say. "I'm jealous.",he says holding his heart.

"Are you two done?",Malcolm says chuckling." "Maybe." ,Mariano says while winking at me. I start blushing and Anaiya nudges me."Oh bro I forgot Coach told me to tell you to rally everyone up in the gym for morning practice."says Mariano. "Oh yea you guys have a game tonight.", says Anaiya joining in on the conversation. "Yepp and you two are going to be there right we could always use personal cheerleaders.",Malcolm says while smirking at Anaiya."Don't you think Mariano.",he says looking at his friend."Yep.",Mariano says without taking his eyes of me.

"We will gladly be there.",Anaiya says nudging me once again. "Well glad to hear that we'll see you girls later.",said Malcolm as he gives Anaiya a kiss on the cheek.

As we watch the boys walk to the gym Anaiya smacks me on the back of the head. "Ok ow what was that for maam?",I respond in pain. "For lying and saying Mariano doesnt like you.",Anaiya says with a matter of factly tone. "He does not li- I try to say as Anaiya raises her hand again to smack me."Ok ok what makes you think he likes me" I say still rubbing my head. "First off he couldn't take his eyes of you and he winked at you.",Anaiya says. "He winked I thought he had someth-,"I say as I get interrupted by Anaiya with her threats. "Oh my gosh would you quit.",I say. "When you stop lying I will.",Anaiya says as she walks to class with me following.

The school day goes by fast and before I know it it's time for the football game. We get to the stadium early to watch the boys do their practice drills. "He is so fine y/n",Anaiya responds as she looks Malcolm. He was shirtless throwing a football back and forth Mariano. I respond with a chuckle as I scroll through Tik Tok. I almost dropped my phone because Anaiya nudges me. "Nai what wa- I say before being interrupted. "Mariano is looking at you." No he isn't.",I say but I then look up to see she was right. Our eyes then locked and he smiled.  He and Malcolm were drinking water after running drills.

The game is going extremely great. The boys are in the lead. Anaiya and I have screamed so much our voices are practically gone. "You know you need to tell Mariano you like him.",Anaiya says as her voice becomes more raspy. "What no way." I say defensively. She then stares me down and I break. "Fine fine but if I embarrass myself it's on you.", I say becoming more and more nervous.

The game comes to an end and of course the boys won. Anaiya and I rush down to the field to the boys. Anaiya finds Malcolm while I continue to look for Mariano.

I finally see a head of curly brown hair and jump on him and he catches me. As he sits me back on my own two feet we both rush and say "ihavesomethingtotellyou". "You first,"we continue to talk at the same time.  Mariano chuckles and then says "Ladies first.", Mariano says with a small smile. "Oh ok um I-.", I say as a feel a shoe hit me in the shoulder. I turn around to see Anaiya missing a shoe and Malcolm next to her shaking his head. She yells over to me and Tony, "Tell him!",Malcolm then picks her up and carries her away so Mariano and I could talk.

"Um I like you Mariano....honestly I think I'm in love.",I say nervously. I then fill a pair of lips on mine filling the nerves slip away I smile at the kiss."I'm going to take this as a yes". I say still mesmerized at the kiss. "Most definitely.",Mariano says. "Finally",says Malcolm. "I know right I thought we were going to have to go with plan b",Ansiya says in agreement. Mariano and I then look at Malcolm in confusion as he shakes his head with a face that says you dont even wanna know. "Well I don't know about you guys but with all that screaming I screamed up an appetite,I say rubbing my stomach. "Yea same,Anaiya says while the boys nod their heads in agreement. As we walk to Anaiya's car I thought about how Valentine's Day isn't so bad.