In New York (Mina)

Chaeyoung and I left Japan on the same day two days later, albeit on different flights.

Chaeyoung flew back to Seoul while I went to New York to meet Mina and the SBS production staff.

It was a very, very long flight, giving me enough time to do some of my documenting duties before they all piled up.

I had made similar arrangements as well in New York.

After checking into my hotel, I immediately got into my rental car, experiencing the infamous New York City traffic jam.

Good thing that I had the city mapped out already beforehand, and after a few shortcuts here and there, I managed to reach Mina's shooting site with less trouble than I had expected.

They were in a middle of a shoot when I got there.

I got some early feedback from the director and the scriptwriter that Mina still was a little rough around the edges when it comes to serious acting, but that was compensated a lot by her work ethic.

She was actually driving herself pretty hard to perfect her scenes.

I walked towards the staff area, where Mina's manager in charge, Jenny sunbae, was watching the monitors of the shoot.

"Jenny sunbae," I bowed as I greeted her, "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Y/N!" she looked surprised, "I didn't expect that you'd be here so soon."

"Well," I scratched my head sheepishly, "I did just come in a few hours ago, but I figured that I should come here right away."

"No jetlag?" she asked.

I shook my head, "No, not at all, at least not at the moment."

"Well, Mina's over there," she said, pointing straight ahead, "They're finishing up today's shoot," and then looked back at me, "She'd be very happy to see you, I'm sure of it."

I noticed that there was a hint of teasing in her voice, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Jenny sunbae shrugged, "Well, it's just that Mina's been asking me several times as to when you'll come over," she then dragged me closer and whispered to my ear, "I don't know what you're doing, but it seems that the girls are really liking you a lot."

I raised my eyebrows, "Seriously?" For a split second there, I shuddered at the thought of getting busted and getting found out that I was having sex with the girls.

She wickedly nodded, "Seriously. It's funny because they never acted like this before you came onboard."

I put on my best denial face, "Well, I don't know what I'm doing special or something," I said, "But you know how crazy the girls can be as well, right?"

She let go of my arm, "Well, whatever you are doing, it's working wonders for the girls," and gave me a thumbs up, "Just keep at it."

I nodded.

If only she knew what was really going on.

I left the staff area and walked straight to the shooting area.

"Hey Y/N!" Jenny sunbae called out.

I turned around, "Yeah?"

"Can you take care of Mina tonight?" she asked, "There's still a lot of things I need to do here and she has some free time now. I'd appreciate it if you'd chaperon her until tomorrow."

I nodded.

I did have a scheduled lunch meeting with some executives at Sony Music, but that's about it for now, "Sure thing."

Daily Life as a New ManagerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara