Dance Practice (Jeongyeon)

It was just another day at work, driving the girls around to their respective schedules, meeting with the production staff of their various shows and photo shoots.

It just became busier and busier for us managers to watch over the girls.

Jeongyeon was in one of the smaller rooms designed for duo practices, so that they can get more privacy and get more practice time without occupying too much space.

To my surprise, she was practicing alone.

"Jeongyeon-ssi," I greeted as I walked into the room, "Where's your dance partner?"

"Y/N Oppa!" she bowed to me, "Oh, he can't make it today. He pulled a muscle on his lower leg, and I told him to take a rest for now before he aggravates it." She was wearing a grey sweat shirt with matching sweat pants.

"Ouch," I observed, "Hope it's not too serious."

She shook her head, breathing and sweating heavily, "No, it's not. He'll be back tomorrow night for the next rehearsals."

I shrugged, "Oh, ok. Cool," I gave her a paper bag, which I took from my backpack, "And this is for you, as you requested."

"Oh wow," Jeongyeon brightened up, "Thank you, Oppa! You made this yourself?"

I nodded, "Yep. Just like you wanted," and started counting off my fingers, "Curry rice made from the leftover kimbap from last night, two bananas, a small bowl of simple green salad with a light lemon vinaigrette dressing , and a large thermos of very cold watermelon shake."

"Oh, Oppa, you're so good!" she jokingly punched me in the arm, "You got everything correct!"

I just tilted my head to the side and shrugged my shoulders, "I try my best."

"I'll eat this as soon as I'm done with this round of practice," she said.

She placed the paper bag next to her gym bag, took a sip of water from her own water bottle, and hit the "Play" button on her mp3 player to start her dance routine for probably the nth time today.

It was Tango for tonight.

Jeongyeon was no joke when it comes to practicing dance.

She was totally focused and determined as she practiced her routine.

After five and a half minutes in, she stopped.

"I think you missed a half step there," I observed.

She quickly turned around and looked at me, "You noticed that too, Oppa?"

"Yep," I nodded, "That's the reason you stopped?"

"Yeah," she took another sip of water, "You got good eyes, Oppa. You know how to dance Tango?"

"A bit," I replied, "I took some ballroom dancing lessons back in high school and college, but it was a long time ago already, and I haven't danced that much since. Just the basics."

"Well then," she said, "Maybe you can be my dance partner tonight."

I literally felt my face significantly change expressions, "Me???" I was pointing to myself, "You sure?"

"Well, you said you know the basics, Oppa," Jeongyeon walked closer to me, "And I just need you to guide me through the routine."

"Ok then..." I was a bit nervous, not wanting to trip Jeongyeon up and ruin her practice, looking like an idiot in the process, "I'll try my best..."

I stood in the middle of the room, which I just noticed was surrounded by full-length mirrors in three sides.

That actually made me more nervous.