Worries (Nayeon)

Today was Payday.

Yay.

Time for a lot of silly people to spend their money again carelessly.

Aish.

And then afterwards, start crying again because they spent too much.

Oh well.

I did a little splurging myself, buying a couple of new outfits like some new shirts and pants, and a new pair of shoes.

Afterwards, I did a little more grocery shopping, buying some new foodstuffs that I've been wanting to try but never had the chance before.

As I've learned some new recipes from the girls, I wanted to try preparing some new stuff for myself as well.

After shopping, I wanted to go to get a drink at the local pub near my dorm.

It was a small and quiet pub, pretty much just the way I liked it.

As much as I have fun and I am enjoying my work as Twice's manager, it was still a pretty stressful job.

And even though I do have some sort of "release" (if you know what I mean) periodically, sometimes a drink or two feels more right and sometimes much better as well.

I didn't want to get drunk that night, just probably until I feel a little tipsy and all that.

Halfway through my third bottle of beer I heard a familiar voice, "Annyeong, Oppa," and I felt a tap on the shoulder.

"Nayeon-ssi," I turned around to see Nayeon wearing a grey hoodie, with the hood actually covering her head, and blue jeans.

Well, it was a bit cold outside, at least for tonight, for some reason.

"What are you doing here, Oppa?" she said as she jumped to the high stool right next to me, "Is there something wrong?" She looked at me with a bit of worry in her eyes.

I chuckled, "No, nothing's wrong," I patted her on the head.

She looked so cute, "I just felt like getting a drink, that's all. And this is my last one, anyway."

"Oh... okay..." she looked relieved, "I thought you were having some problems and then went for a drink. Guys usually do that, right?"

"Yep... we do that sometimes, but not all the time," I replied, finishing my beer, "What about you, what are you doing out at this hour?"

"Oh, I wanted to get some snacks from that shop down the street," she pointed to the direction where she usually sneaks out to eat, "But they're closed today, so on the way back, I saw you through the window."

"Oh, I see," I smirked at her, "Well, I know another place where we can get something similar to what you wanted." I knew exactly what kind of snacks she wanted.

I paid my bill and left with Nayeon.

We walked probably for like five minutes from the pub until we found another snack shop.

We bought what she wanted.

She was so giddy like a kid eating while we were walking back to the dorm.

"I missed this," she said, "Being able to walk around at night without worrying of being harassed by paparazzi or ssessaeng fans."

"Well, I can understand that," I replied.

She was totally right on about it.

For the first time in a very, very long while, she was able to walk around at night alone, well, at least until she bumped into me back at the pub.