Conversation (NaChaeng)

It's one of those days that I would jokingly call, Sierra Squared, Delta Squared, meaning "same shit, different day." Although I am glad now that I was starting to really get a hang of it, with routinary stuff becoming automatic to me that it's really like second nature now.

Yep.

I love my job as Twice's manager, despite the erratic schedules and all that.

And of course, with three members already secretly dating, that added to my efforts to constantly monitoring them.

Well, one of them was easy enough to monitor.

"Is Kwangjeong doing alright with you there?" I was talking on the phone with Dahyun while walking to my car after another long day.

"Yes he is, Oppa," she cheerfully replied, "Although I do wish that it was you who's with me now."

"I can't always be your manager-in-charge," I chuckled, getting into the car, "People will get suspicious and would probably start accusing me of favoritism. I'm the head manager, remember?"

"Yeah... but still, can't you do it, like every other day or every other week?" she asked, "I easily miss you when you're not around."

"Eh, don't go swinging your shoulders again," I retorted, imagining her doing that right now, "I can't, okay? Besides, if you see me everyday, I'm sure sooner or later you'll get sick of me. The rest of the girls are still jealous over the fact that it was me who accompanied you to the U.S. all by ourselves. Even Sana and Chaeyoung."

"Awww... Oppa..." she replied, trying to crank up the aegyo.

"No buts. We need to stick to the plan or else they're gonna suspect something soon," I sighed, "I'm sorry, Dubu, but until then, we just need to keep ourselves under control, okay?"

"Okay..." she surrendered, "It's just I miss you already."

"I miss you too," I quietly replied, "I love you, Dubu."

"I love you too, Y/N Oppa," Dahyun said, "You should be careful driving home, okay?"

"I will," I nodded, "And you take care of yourself there. Don't give Kwangjeong too much trouble too, okay? I'll let you know when I get back home."

But when I arrived home, I did get one surprise, alright.

"Oppa, are you back in your dorm?" Nayeon asked over the phone.

"Uh, yeah, I just got back," I replied, "What's up." Her voice sounded a bit serious and a bit worried.

"Um, can Chaeyoung and I talk to you?" she said, "It's really important. Mianhae." Something was a bit off, that much I was sure.

It wasn't one of those lame excuses that they usually make to get me to bed with them.

"Sure thing," I was feeling a bit worried all of a sudden, "Do you want me to come there or you girls would come here?"

"We'll be there," Nayeon replied, "Sorry for the trouble, Oppa."

Two or three minutes later, both Nayeon and Chaeyoung were sitting on my sofa.

To my shock and surprise, Chaeyoung's eyes were red.

It was obvious that she was crying a lot just now.

"Omo... Chaeyoung, what's wrong?" I asked, feeling my heart sink seeing her so sad.

"I was really surprised too when she came back to the dorm and suddenly ran to me," Nayeon said, looking really worried, "And then she just wanted to be hugged and she started crying. I don't know what's wrong and what's going on. Thankfully she agreed to let me call you."