And the Past (*No Smut)

Next day, I drove the girls to their individual schedules early in the morning. I had to rush a bit because I had that big meeting with Jaebum sunbae. 

The main agenda was to report on the progress for the TT World Tour.

All of us were there: Jaebum sunbae, Jaekwon sunbae, Woongyoung sunbae, Jenny sunbae, Shinki, Kwangjeong, and even Leejun, Sangwon, Nikki, and Soojung were present as well. 

But still, I did most of the talking, referring to Jenny sunbae and Woongyoung sunbae once or twice for some details.

presented for fifteen minutes, answering a couple of questions, inquiries, and clarifications from Jaebum sunbae and a couple of executives whom I didn't personally know. 

I was honestly nervous all throughout the presentation, but I made it thought.

"Seems like everything is in order," one of the executives observed, "Good job, Y/N. I think from this point on it's going to be smooth sailing."

"I concur," another one said, "I'm going to report this to Kim Youngmin later today. I think you've put all their worries at rest. Good job, Y/N."

"Thank you, sirs. I'm assuring you that we'll do our very best for this one." I bowed, before returning to my seat.

"Yes, I'm sure you will," Jaebum sunbae replied, "Especially since we got a proposal from Taiwan to hold a stop at Taipei Super Dome. I want you to look at it as soon as possible."

"We will," Woongyoung sunbae replied, holding up a folder, "We've already taken the initiative to review what the organizers are proposing."

"Good," the first executive said, "Now if you will excuse us, we need to report to Kim Youngmin in ten minutes."

The two executives took their leave, prompting Jaebum sunbae to go ahead with the next item on the agenda.

"As I've told you last week, I'm going to add a new member to your management team," he said, nodding to his secretary to usher the new manager in, "She's going to help you with the marketing and promotion part for the TT World Tour."

The next few seconds flipped my world upside down. 

Great. 

I couldn't even react right away, but my heart sank when I saw the person that Jaebum sunbae's secretary escorted to the meeting room.

"This is Ciara," Jaebum sunbae said, "She's an expert in marketing and promotions, having some years of experience in the industry as a product manager and in the academia teaching global marketing."

I was frozen in place for a few seconds as the other managers applauded her arrival. 

"Hello everyone," Ciara bowed, "My name is Ciara Xiah, and I am looking forward to working with you with managing Twice. I will contribute as much as I can to the team and make Twice an even bigger success in the future." 

The rest of the management team went to her and shook her hand, giving her their well wishes. Kwangjeaong and Shinki even joked to her that I was a hard boss to please. 

Swallowing hard, I pretended that everything was alright. 

I regained my composure and walked up to her to shake her hand, "Welcome to the team, Ciara. I hope that you are prepared to take on the challenges of managing the girls." 

"Oh, don't worry about that, Ciara," Jaebum sunbae said, "Y/N here is very protective and caring about the girls. I'm sure that you will do just fine." 

"We can spend some time together to learn," Nikki added, "Y/N sunbae is very particular when it come to managing the girls." 

"Yeah, in fact, all of them love Y/N sunbae so much, it puts pressure on the rest of us to also perform well," Soojoung added, "But it's okay. It's basically our job to make the girls' work as smooth as possible."