3.25 | Face the Music

Posted: March 11th, 2021

Dedicated to @sandysandy1234. Thank you for reminding me to update and loving this series so much. I appreciate your support!

| . . . C H A P T E R - 3 . 2 5 - F A C E - T H E - M U S I C . . . |

It had been a hectic morning with everyone wanting to know more about Arnav and me. The picture of Arnav and me from the Valentine Party was in all the tabloids of the fashion industry. Someone had leaked it to the press. My team grilled me for questions. I'd handpicked and answer one or two, trusting them to not spread the answers over the media. Others, I'd brushed off and Tarun was extremely helpful in getting them back to work. Speaking of Tarun, it seems like Valentine's party brought together one other couple.

And let me tell you. They were sickly adorable together.

I was trying to decide whether to give the dress a flair or not in the sketch I had just made when I heard the rattling and people walking around doing about their normal things cease completely. Confused, I blinked up. Avani was staring at me. I narrowed my eyes. No. She was staring past me. I twisted around in the chair and it suddenly made sense.

Arnav.

He was standing there in his rich glory with his expensive tailor-made three-piece suit, addictive cologne, steel-glare, chiseled jaw, arms crossed over his chest staring me down.

I was in trouble.

Big trouble.

He had warned me not to leave the house, and yet. Here I was. At work. Trying to pull the innocent card, I smiled. "Hi, you! Did you bring me chocolates?"

He stepped forward to grab my wrist and tugged me out of the chair. "Why can't you ever listen?"

"You wouldn't love me if I listened." I tried to fight him dragging me away from the workplace.

"I told you to tell Sam you were quitting or I'd do it for you."

I pulled him to a stop and side-stepped to block his path. "Arnav, come on. I thought we talked about this."

He scoffed, "No. You talked. I listened. And now, we're going to do what I want."

"Arnav freaking Raizada, you know how I feel about people telling me what to do!" I scolded him when he tried to drag me out. Again.

His jaw clenched and his eyes darted past us for the briefest second. That was when I realized everyone was still staring at us. They might have learned of our relationship two days ago but it didn't mean they were used to it and here I was, talking to him as if we were in our house. There was a time I made a big deal about him confronting me in public. Now, I'd even forgotten where we were.

He pulled me back to our argument when his voice raised slightly, "Khushi, you are so exasperating! I do not want you working in a place where there are no work ethics! I was here and still, that happened to you. What's going to happen when I am not here?"

His concern made me smile and I stepped closer to convince him of my words. "And do you think anyone here is going to think about lifting their finger at me after knowing I am your wife?"

He opened his mouth to argue but shut it realizing he couldn't bring an argument strong enough to convince me to quit working here.

"That's what I thought." I patted his chest, "Now how about you go back to AR and be a good boy, hmm? Let me work too and stop worrying so much else you're growing to grow white hair at the young age of 25."