1.Conclusion | What He Wanted

Edited on May 28th, 2018.

| . . . C O N C L U S I O N : W H A T - H E - W A N T E D. . . |

-A week later-

I walked out of my room in the morning, back at my house in Shimla as dad had been brought home, I was met with two figures in my living room. Their backs faced me and I figured they might be some neighbors here to see dad.

Mom looked up past them when she saw me and they followed her gaze. I blinked from the lady to the guy next to her. My jaw clenched as I ordered, "Get out."

He had the guts to come to my house after everything he did.

Mom scolded, "Khushi, behave. What way is this to treat guests?"

"Guests?" I challenged, "He's the reason dad is paralyzed right now!"

Mom argued, "No, he's not. He saved your dad. If your dad is in this condition right now, it's because of you."

My gaze turned to her sharply and filled with hurt. How could she think that? Blame me for...

She continued after walking up to me, her voice as if steely. "Go to your room and get ready. You're getting engaged today."

"No." I denied.

She grabbed my elbow and nudged me away, hissing under her breath so those two wouldn't hear, "Khushi, do not embarrass me right now. We'll lose everything if this doesn't happen right now."

"Mom, you don't understand..." I tried to make her see clearly. We'd lose everything if this happened! Arnav is no savior.

I was interrupted by the lady, "Aunty, there is no rush, please. How about we let them talk and clear their misunderstandings?"

I did not want to talk to Arnav at all. "That's not necessary." I looked at my mom as I gave in, "We'll get engaged today if that's what you want."

I turned and ran up the stairs to my room, ignoring my panting when I reached my room and stood against the door fuming in anger.

I am so not giving in without a fight. He messed with the wrong person. For now, because mom is so convinced we need his help, I decide to let him think he's won.

But it's so far from over.

Today, I'll give in to being engaged to him but I won't give in to marrying him in two years.

He doesn't regret doing this now. But he will soon.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

U N K N O W N . . . P O V . . . 

He asked his blackmailer getting in the car. "It's done. Now we're even."

The man laughed in response, "Oh my, aren't you naïve? I'm just getting started."

He asked, agitated. "Haven't you done enough? Why are you doing this?"

"To take what's mine, ofcourse."

"If he finds out..."

"He won't know what hit him."

He decided he couldn't do this. "Do your own dirty work." He proceeded to get out of the car.

The blackmailer stopped him, "I have enough to incriminate you."

"I'm not going down for something I didn't do."

"And you won't. Now be a good lad and do as I say. If you want to save the only one you care about, ofcourse."

He couldn't understand why he had asked him to do this but he did know he didn't have many options right now. There was only one person in the world he cared for and to save her, he had to bend to the wishes of the devil's incarnate. "Why do you want them to get married?"

"It's the only way I get what I want."

"What you want?"

The blackmailer held a certain smile on his face that brought him concern. "All in due time. I have much planned for us all."

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

-Two Years Later-

Loud music. Crazy dancing. Cheers and laughter. Yelling to be heard over the music. Drunken people. A typical Friday evening in a club.

Khushi excused herself from her friends, Kripa and Riddhima, and proceeded towards the bar. She ordered a drink and the bartender nodded, preparing it for her. Taking the shot glass, she turned to leave and almost stumbled back, missing the shirt by an inch. He had come to stand right behind her and she hadn't noticed.

She quickly apologized and left not having seen his face.

He, however, had seen her. This was the last place he had expected her to be. On top, in that dress that hugged her curves with a shot glass in her hand. She was the exact opposite of what he remembered her to be from two years ago.

He spoke aloud though no one could have heard him amidst the crowd, "Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, you are so dead."

The bartender snatched his attention away from her even as she disappeared between the tall bodies on the dance floor. "What can I get you?"

Arnav shook his head, leaving. What he wanted, he wasn't going to get here.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

| . . . A U T H O R - N O T E . . . |

And that is the end of book one! Stay tuned for book two... It is currently under edit so I am hoping I will be able to share it with you all very soon. Till then, thank you infinity times for all of your unending love and overwhelming support since it's very beginning! I will never be able to express just what it means for me but here's an attempt with words that don't do enough justice <3

PS: don't get confused with all the changes of its ending! I know it will change the beginning of book 2 but I am doing my best to keep the original charm of it while adding some elements that you might come to love ;) Planning to squeeze out as many emotions out of these two as I can!

Be back soon,

Araina Khushi.