1.23 | Double Date + Third Wheel

Edited on May 23rd, 2018.

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 1. 2 3 . 1 : D O U B L E - D A T E . . . |

Final exams ended and I've never felt this relief before. Such pressure off my back. I know I'll say the same thing when the finals for next semester end and the semester after that but it needs to be said.

Now, I can look forward to summer breaks in peace.

I had thought of going home to India but then decided better. Dad was already worried over the business and having to declare bankruptcy. Finances needed to be controlled.

I'd even asked Kripa to help me scour for summer jobs.

Kripa questioned the second I entered the apartment, "How'd it go?"

She was more nervous about my exam than I was given she had helped me study for majority of it. I commented, "If business fails for you, you have a future in being a teacher."

She fell back on the couch in utter relief. "Oh, thank God. You won't fail because of me."

I laughed at her antics and walked to the kitchen for water.

She continued, "This calls for a celebration."

I suggested, "Let Ridzzi's last exam end."

Kripa frowned and threw a glare at Abhi and Riddhima who were studying at the dining table, "Ri, shoot your professor for me. Who keeps a final on a Friday? Three more days!!"

Riddhima grumbled back, "Oh, shut up, business major."

Kripa was quick to chuckle. She was the first of us to be done with her semester as she only had one final Monday midmorning. All her other classes had finals as optional and only to be taken for those who needed to drop one of their exams and replace the grade. Kripa, fortunately, had an A in those classes and she wasn't going to give an exam and try to aim for an A+. A was more than good enough for her and I'd agree.

I announced, "I'm going to take a nap. Do not disturb."

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

Even then, Kripa deemed it proper to wake me up about two hours later with the excuse, "I'm bored."

I slapped her arm, "Krispy, you know proper sleep comes rarely for me. Why do you do this to me?"

She slapped me back making me hiss and rub my arm, "I've told you not to call me Krispy! If you're so hungry, eat, but do not call me food-names."

I raised a brow in glare, "Are you done? Then shoo. Make yourself useful someplace else. Go bother your boyfriend."

I turned my back to her in an attempt to try and sleep again but she stayed. "Speaking of boyfriend, I need a favor."

I groaned, "I'm not covering for you again."

"I have a date with Aaron tonight."

"Good."

"Not so easy!" She exclaimed. "You seem to be forgetting the biggest obstacle in my love life."

"Brace up and tell him you have a boyfriend." By him, I meant Arnav but I refused to say his name aloud.

She ignored me and continued with pouring out her problems, "See, I didn't tell him about tonight but somehow, he still found out. Now, he's tagging along."

I couldn't help from laughing. Arnav being a third wheel. Now that is hilarious.

"Don't laugh! Help me out here!"