Dare to Save #1: Description + Introduction

| . . . D E D I C A T I O N . . . |

~ For those who were not saved ~

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

|

| . . . S H O R T . . . D E S C R I P T I O N . . . |

After spending a year in depression trying to overcome the brutal and tragic incident that changed Khushi's life forever, she makes the decision to leave her home country, India, and get her college education in Australia in hopes of being able to put her past behind her. Little does she know; her past isn't ready to leave her yet. Simply a change of scenery isn't enough for the healing process when the fear has taken root deep within her soul.

Her hopes of a peaceful and invisible life in Australia is thrown off course due to a certain Arnav Singh Raizada who simply cannot leave her be. Is it because he's attracted to her? No. Not only is she a mystery to him but he hides his real reasons for wanting to help her. Little does he know, her past isn't just haunting her but is about to drag him into everything familiar and unfamiliar to him, challenging everything known and unknown in his life, ripping apart his deepest wounds.

Neither of them is a saint nor do they believe in sharing their pain with others.

And yet, he dares to save her and in turn, save himself.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

| . . . I N T R O D U C T I O N . . . |

As I lay in an open field, grass crunching under my body and the warmth of the sun soaking my face, I hear my brother and best friend bickering. On what, you ask? Who won the basketball match between the two? Forget the fact that I was the referee. Neither of them would listen when I announced that the winning basket went in the hoop after time was called because they would not settle on a tie.

One of them simply had to win.

It's just how Armaan and Riddhima were.

Now, I am not a patient person and for the nth time, I beg. "Let's just go home already" They had been at it for the last half hour. Neither would they let me enjoy the mid-afternoon in the cold Shimla weather in peace nor did I have the guts to get in between. It's beyond my understanding how they can pick a fight on any and all topics at any given time. They don't need a reason, truly. Simply put them against one another and you'll have your entertainment for the day.

Armaan answered and though my eyes are closed, I guarantee he was having a stare down with Riddhima, "Not until she accepts that I won!"

I point out sitting up and twisting about to face them, "God, does it really matter who won? You guys play every day. Call it even today and continue this tomorrow." It's so simple after all! They're both the captains for the boys and girls school team and naturally can be competitive.