3.22.5 | Damaged or Loyal

Edited: November 05, 2020

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 3 . 2 2 . 5 - D A M A G E D - O R - L O Y A L . . . |

[Angad]

Using the set of keys that I had to Armaan and Riddhima's penthouse, I let myself in. I wasn't in the mood of going to my empty apartment. I needed some company and I figured I'd go bother the lovebirds. I announced myself, "Amy! You have two seconds to get decent."

I had no idea what they were up to, but I might as well give them a heads up given I hadn't texted ahead to inform I was coming over. I was driving around to avoid going to my place, and before I knew it, I was outside their building and parking in the garage. Toeing off my shoes, I walked in.

The person on the couch is not one I was expecting. "Hey," Kripa greeted tearing her eyes away from the TV screen.

"Hi?" I questioned, walking around to sit on the opposite couch while listening around to try and figure out where Armaan and Riddhima were in the penthouse.

She informed without my asking, "Ridz was on call and so had to go to the hospital. Armaan has a late-night at the recording studio."

I should have texted ahead to make sure they were home. Then again, all the other times I'd popped by without texting ahead and they weren't here, there wasn't anyone else lounging about either. I had the freedom to make the place my own. "How come you are here?"

"I need your permission to visit my friends?" That tone, I knew well. She must have heard it herself since she apologized for snapping, "Sorry, that was a bit uncalled for. It's just my parents were in town - for the wedding ofcourse - but now dad is trying to fix things between us, I guess. But it's too late. He should have thought of that before he used me as a pawn to get Arnav to give half of his share to him. And the whole thing about how he tried to threaten he'd take Aarav away if Arnav didn't do what he wanted? Yeah, no, I'm done with him."

"Okay then." I give a curt response, biting back my opinion on everything. Because her father atleast still cares enough to try to mend their relationship. My parents never cared nor did they bother to pretend they wanted anything to do with me.

She exhales, "Sorry, again. Did not mean to unload on you. It's your fault though. You asked."

"My bad. Go back to watching TV then." I focused on the TV as she watched an episode of Friends. But... every few seconds, I couldn't help glancing over at her. Against my better judgement, I wanted to talk to her. Somehow, go back to the carefree days we'd spent in Goa all those months ago. I couldn't give her the wrong signals though. She was Arnav's cousin. Khushi and Riddhima's friend. I had to keep a clear line drawn between us. It couldn't blur.

"Angad?"

I blinked away from staring into space upon hearing my name. "Yeah. What?"

She looked at me and my absentmindedness before repeating, "I said, there's leftover dinner in the fridge."

I decided to listen to my gut least I do something to jeopardize it. "No, thanks. I have to go." I leaned forward to grab my phone and keys that I'd placed on the end table before settling on the couch. I need to get as far away from this female as possible.

She could ruin me the way she'd look at me with that innocent yearning of hers.

I was no good for her.

"Right. Ofcourse." She muttered, turning off the TV and leaving the remote on the couch before getting up and starting to walk towards the bedrooms.