2.10 | Blanket Of Comfort

Posted on May 15th, 2017 | Edited on October 22nd, 2018

| . . . C H A P T E R - 2.10 : B L A N K E T - O F - C O M F O R T . . . |

There were so many minor things to focus on; I was running around in circles. Since I was technically in charge of the calendar, everyone kept coming to me to sign off on things, to get my approval, to get my suggestions, and just everything. I felt like I was doing everything that wasn't a part of my job description and every now and then, for a second, I would feel myself going crazy.

But, the rush of adrenaline kept me going. It was a major source of distraction from my life. I think I understand why some people turn into workaholics. It's almost an escape from having to face the reality of everything wrong in one's life.

I didn't realize when I started to like this fast-paced environment. By the end of the week, I was hooked.

A peon placed a brown package on my desk, "Khushi ji, your lunch."

Without looking at it, I answered. "I didn't order anything."

"The delivery guy said it was for you."

"Oh... okay. thanks." I answered in confusion and peeked inside the bag. Italian with a pack of French fries.

A chuckle escaped my lips and I was about to check if Arnav was watching when Payal walked over. "Wow, that's an odd combination."

"Yeah... my fiancé loves it."

Did I just call him my fiancé? Well... it's not like I could have said Arnav's name. Could I?

She quickly comments, "Well then, you didn't hear me say that. Though I am curious to meet the guy who likes such a combination."

I laughed along for at first, I would have agreed with her. It was an odd combination, but still sweet of Arnav to do this for me.

"Anyway, enjoy your lunch. I just came to tell you Aman is free to talk to you whenever you are."

Thanking her for relaying the information, I tucked aside my lunch and decided to go talk with Aman first. Least he gets busy by the time I finish eating. I can eat later too while doing my own work - multitask.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

Since Aman's door was propped open, he saw me coming and waved me in without me having to knock work. "Khushi. Hi. How's the progress going? I'm sorry you haven't been getting much help from me this week. I'm swamped with other things."

I waved it off taking a seat, "No, yeah. I get it. And actually, it's been crazy but an experience. I didn't realize so many things went into it. And for progress... I think we're doing okay so far. We have everything we need for 8 of the 12 dresses and by Monday, rest should be here too. I am planning on catching up the team tomorrow so they can get started on fabrics. If we keep with the schedule, everything should be ready in the next two weeks. I'll just need the measurements for the models so we can make them to fitting."

He informed, "Ah, yes. I plan on sitting with ASR later today and finalize them. I can get you the list tomorrow."

"Sounds good. And, I actually do need your help with this. I'm not sure if I have to do this but the design layout the calendar...?"

"You're right; it's not your job. Once the shoots are done, the graphics team will get to work. You can, ofcourse, decide if you want to make suggestions on which pictures to use of the dresses from the shoot but don't worry about that for now. We'll get to it later. Same for press conferences, the fashion show revealing the calendar look and dress."